West Ham have won just two of their last Premier League games against Newcastle at Upton Park going into Monday night’s latest clash.
Andy Carroll is in contention to return for West Ham against his former club on Monday night. The 26-year-old has been out since February with a serious knee injury but has been back training with the first team for a fortnight.
Newcastle are without the suspended Aleksandar Mitrovic, but otherwise Steve McClaren has no selection concerns, though Paul Dummett has suffered a setback in his recovery from a hamstring injury.
Kick-off in east London on Monday night is at 8pm.
- At the Boleyn Ground, West Ham have won just two of their last nine Premier League games against Newcastle, drawing three and losing four.
- West Ham have enjoyed just one win in their last five Premier League meetings with Newcastle (D2 L2).
- The Hammers have netted a total of just four goals in their last eight Premier League clashes with the Magpies.
- In the teams’ two meetings last season, Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko was sent off at Upton Park but scored at St James’ Park.
- West Ham have netted three or more goals in consecutive Premier League games for the first time since March 2011, when they did it three times in a row.
- The Magpies have picked up just two points from their last nine top-tier games on the road (D2 L7).
- Managers Slaven Bilic and Steve McClaren have met before, in the Euro 2008 qualifiers, when Bilic’s Croatia beat McClaren’s England home and away. Croatia’s 3-2 away win at Wembley in November 2007 ended McClaren’s reign with the Three Lions.
- The next player to make his PL debut for Newcastle United will be the 200th to play for the club in the competition.
- Newcastle have been shown nine red cards since the start of last season in the PL, more than any other Premier League side.
- The Hammers have been shown six red cards in 10 games this season (all comps), compared to three in 43 matches in 2014-15.