Wolfsburg would consider De Bruyne offer

Date published: Sunday 2nd August 2015 9:00

De Bruyne admitted earlier this week he does not know where he will be playing his football this season, but Allofs revealed there had been “no serious offers” for the Belgium midfielder despite the interest from City and other clubs.

Speaking before Wolfsburg’s German Supercup victory over Bayern Munich, Allofs reiterated his belief that De Bruyne will remain at Volkswagen Arena but admitted the Wolves would not simply dismiss any offer out of hand.

“We are not a club that needs income from transfers,” Wolfsburg’s sporting director told ZDF. “Still, we would deal with an offer out of respect for the player. But the probability of him staying is at 99.9 per cent.”

Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking was similarly confident after the game that De Bruyne would not leave the club this summer.

“It would certainly be nice and I think it will happen too,” Hecking told Germany’s ZDF television.

“Kevin showed what he’s capable of doing for us this season and we don’t want to sell him.

“That’s our stance and I think a lot would have to happen for him to go. Although you can never tell in football, as his coach I do expect to have him this season.”

Related Articles

Your Say


Comments are closed here.