Also, will he improve Manchester United’s defence? And is the Portuguese boss an “egotistical disease?”
Have your say on Louis van Gaal, Jose Mourinho and on any subject. Get involved here.
The defence will get better…
Better players will be brought in and that’s the important thing for me.
Park the bus strategy may be his tactics but that will give you lightning counter-attacks which is the dna of Man United at least the old times.
I am pretty sure he will chop the right players in a long deadwoodlist.
The defence will get better,its only because of DeGea we are conceding less goals,our back4 stinks. My mouth is watering if he buys cb,cmf,right winger and a striker with names like Zlatan,Andre Gomez,Mané from the Saints.
Lets hope he integrates Fosu-Mensah and Rashford in the first team.
I am pretty sure he will use Fosu-Mensah as a dmf because the lad has all the attributes for it. Not sure about Rashford will be integrated and thats a shame because he has pace galore.
What i am sure of is Eva will not be hired. And it will end up in tears with JM. But maybe he is the right manager right now?
What will Mourinho bring?
So its confirmed JM will be taking over, at least we haven’t dragged this out any further than necessary which should mean JM can get to work straight away, however i suspect he has been working in the background for a couple of months at least. So with LVG out what will JM bring? This is what i think:
1) Will play attractive football – the “manchester united way”. 4-2-3-1 formation. Solid defenders protected by 2 mid fielders who dont go anywhere and whose job it is to protect the back 4 at all costs.
2) Is not defensively oriented – unlike LVG JM always sets his teams out to go for jugular playing fast attacking football and taking the game to the opposition even away from home
3) Promotes youth – has a proven track record of bringing through youngsters and nurturing young talent, developing them into top class players – this is an essential part of the Manchester United philopshy
4) Brining in JM makes sense because he will build on the style already instilled by LVG. Its not like he will come in and change the entire style which should see less disruption
5) has a fantastic record agaisnt Pep
Mourinho an ‘egotistical disease’
Some comments from the BBC site, seems manthistle and I are not alone in our opinions…
Tim Bennett: Mourinho at Man U is like Donald Trump in charge at the White House. Disaster. Why not Giggs?!
Barry Kane: Mourinho is an egotistical disease. He leaves carnage behind him every time. Man Utd are mad hiring him. He’ll want £300m too.
“An egotistical disease”. Nice turn of phrase, will have to remember that …
Giggs might be back in two years
Good news. It is the right time for him to move on and establish him self as a manager somewhere else. Prove what you can do and you never know you might be back at OT within 2 years because i cant see JM lasting any longer than that
‘It could go well or it could disintegrate’
Agree with number_seven, Mourihno is probably is the best option for United.
But what I find funny is the attitude of some United fans that this automatically means success for United, this is far from certain.
This could go well or this could disintegrate when he goes through a tough spell at United (I still can’t get over what happened to him at Chelsea the season just finished).
Interesting times ahead next season, I have to admit I always love listening to Jose in media interviews and also now most of the most highly rated managers in Europe now doing their stuff in English football and before season starts there is no obvious favourite for next seasons league.