Zinedine Zidane has dismissed reports he could replace Rafael Benitez as Real Madrid manager in the wake of Saturday’s 4-0 defeat to Barcelona.
Guillem Balague said on Sunday that Benitez is “likely to be sacked” following the El Clasico humiliation at the Bernabeu, but Zidane has moved quickly to quell speculation that he could take over from the Spaniard after just five months in charge.
Real Madrid travel to Shahktar Donetsk in the Champions League this week and free football tips are available for the game.
Zidane is currently in charge of Real’s reserve team and says he has plenty of learning to do before he can be considered for the top job.
“I am the manager of Castilla, Benitez is the manager of the first team, and things are fine like that,” Zidane said. “I am with Castilla and if I stay at the club it is the coach Castilla.
“I have a long way to go, and, anyway, a manager is never really fully formed. Last year, at the end of the season, I had the feeling that I still lacked something to take over the first team.
“What I am doing, as I did when I was a player, I am doing bit by bit. I am not in a hurry for anything.”