3 at the back – Wimmer or Davies?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by banjo_chuckers banjo_chuckers 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

lucksterk
    Participant
    • :

Firstly I would like to wish Super Jan a speedy recovery, he has been outstanding this season. Now that Jan has picked up a knock which is likely to keep him out for 5/6 weeks, who slots in as the third CB.

I’ll keep it simple, Davies doesn’t fill me with confidence so I would opt to go with Wimmer, who we must remember he did an excellent Job last season when replacing Jan.

One thing I am confident about though is Poch making the right call.

banjo_chuckers
    banjo_chuckers
    Participant
    • :

I would agree, the role needs more of a CB than a LB, and as it’s likely to be for a few games, give Wimmer a run….

Think perhaps you’re being a bit harsh on Davies, I reckon he’s a decent player, just Wimmer would be better for that role…

Rickys beard
    Rickys beard
    Participant
    • :

Wimmer looks to be big powerful header of the ball but not sure about his ball skills or distribution. As city are full of smaller skillful types I would put Davis in this week.

griff2
    Participant
    • :

Wimmer is good in a back four,as he proved last year when Jan was out. However, I would not have him in a back 3 as he would have to go wider to the left quite often and he is not good enough. Davies plays left side in a back three for Wales and was one of their best players at the Euros. No question, Davies. Would rather buy a centreback though. Jan is 29 and two similar injuries in 2 seasons? We need a challenger/ eventual replacement in now. De Vrig? We will have Carter Cickers as Toby’s eventual replacement. Also I am not really satisfied with Dier in a back three.

James Marshment
    Keymaster
    • :

Agree with Griff2 – think Spurs have to adapt their formation if they want to play Wimmer. A decent enough stand-in, but not someone you want to rely upon too heavily. Expect the signing of a CB to be one of Spurs’ top priorities this week, or indeed the summer.

banjo_chuckers
    banjo_chuckers
    Participant
    • :

Based on his last couple of performances, got to go with Davies now….

Lilywhite
    Participant
    • :

Were is the Wimmer from last season?
    Maybe just short on confidence/match practice.
    Taken off at half time, giving a dangerous ball away in the 1st few minutes don’t help, but I think I prefer to give him another chance in a back 4.

banjo_chuckers
    banjo_chuckers
    Participant
    • :

With the injury to Rose, I think this has turned into a mute point now….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.