4 Players Next Summer

This topic contains 97 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by redblood redblood 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    redblood
    redblood
    Participant
    • :

But you would keep the great-granddad Mata?

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Problem is, if Jose brings more in during the summer, gets sacked during the season. Then a new manager with his own plans, will have more surgery to perform.

redblood
    redblood
    Participant
    • :

How about the geriatrics in Young and Valencia?

redblood
    redblood
    Participant
    • :

Bloody hell,how much did we sell Depay for again? We got taken for fools in this case!

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Look at previous page, they on my list lol.

happyhurling
    Participant
    • :

Redblood – why have you got a hard on for Depay?

redblood
    redblood
    Participant
    • :

happy-He is scoring some belters lately mate.

redblood
    redblood
    Participant
    • :

mufc-Not you pal,happy.

Blacky
    Participant
    • :

@happy – Your list of players is about right mate (plus Mata for me) because not one of them has contributed anything other than shite for far too long and are not regarded as ‘first eleven’ players anymore,so they won’t be missed.
    Unfortunately you miss the point when you say sarcastically that we should replace them all with “world class players” because to be a big improvement than any of that bunch of plod donkeys you would only have to be slightly better than average,simple as that.

MacGuffin
    MacGuffin
    Participant
    • :

@happyhurling – You slightly missed my question, since you added this summer and seem to be taking into account the feasability of mass clearout. If I tightened the question there could be more ..

1] Young Valencia are at the end of their careers so it’s running on fumes for them.
    2] Lindelof and Shaw have massive question marks but escape the cull list purely on the basis of give them time.
    3] And Mata is deadwood in many eyes.

So with Valencia Young thats 10 for exit and potentially 13 with the other candidates. Thats a lot of deadwood to be carrying.

And of those not on the cull list, Lingard, Rashford, Martial, Lukaku, Bailley have far from secured a place based on merit in the way stars of yesteryear had.

Its easier to work the other way. If we started from zero how many of our players would you sign. DDG and maybe Sanchez Pogba are the only ones.

redblood
    redblood
    Participant
    • :

Blacky-Plus Valencia,Young,Jones,Herrera,Rojo,Matic.

Blacky
    Participant
    • :

@redblood – I’m trying to be realistic mate,like it or not Valencia,Young and Matic are first team picks this season so Jose is unlikely to bin any of them off this summer,especially Matic.
    As for Fellaini,Carrick,Zlatan,Darmian,Blind,Rojo,Smalling and Herrera,well they have either disappeared completely from view or have contributed sweet fuck all and got away with murder for far too long,so they can all do one for me.I would also add Mata to that list but for slightly different reasons.

happyhurling
    Participant
    • :

Mac – I am trying to be realistic. But yes Young and Valencia only have another year in them. I don’t think you shipping out Rashford and Lukaku etc though, that’s just silly.
    My team for next season would be;

DDG
    Valencia/TFM, Bailly, New CB, Shaw
    Matic
    New CM, Pogba
    Sanchez, Martial
    Lukaku

I think the players we’ll be buying will be to improve the squad rather than the first 11. We’ll need to see how TFM and Tuanzebe get on as well as Shaw next season. Plus hopefully Lindelof improves, if not we need a lot more investment in defence as well.
    Need a couple of midfielders and also replace Carrick, Fellaini etc.

Blacky
    Participant
    • :

@Happy – Do you honestly think that just a new CB and a new CMF player coming into our first team would make enough of a difference to bridge the absolute chasm that lies between us and the elite teams mate?.

redblood
    redblood
    Participant
    • :

Blacky-If Chelsea,City,PSG,Real Madrid can do it,so can we,right?.Matic will be 30 before the season begins,so if a decent offer arrives I would take it! There is only one player @ our club deemed as “unsellable”-DDG.Carrick,Ibra,Fellaini-they do not count because they are simply a burden on the club,Mata and Herrera as well imho!
    And what the fuck is going on with Shaw these days,either play him or let him move on!
    Surely Perreira and MCT cannot do worse than Fellaini,Carrick,Herrera?!

MacGuffin
    MacGuffin
    Participant
    • :

@happyhurling – You misunderstand me. I accept your list and add to it Young Valencia on the basis of age and Mata. btw – I disagree with your view that footballers are ok for a year. You say it as if its a light bulb, works then one day doesn’t. Its not, its a downward slope of a hill. For sure they will get worse and its a judgement call how far above or below the standard they are and will be next year. Either way, they cannot be part of a future team. I would prefer them out asap so as replacements have time to bed in,

As for Martial, Lukaku etc. I did not say they should be on the exit list. I meant they are “jury out” players who as yet have not established themselves to be of the consistent quality needed to be onsidered regulars in a successful side.

Your team is based on the reality that we cannot ship out as many as ideally we would want to and therefore selecting a team on the basis of .. best we have. I look at it in terms of the quality needed to challenge at highest level. That’s a different matter.

Your team in my view would still fall short. Then come the end of next season as you add more players, existing players like Matic become old and if the younger ones like Martial Lukaku dont come good we are no further down the road.

We need players we can be sure of being stars because they already are … like in the days of a young Giggs Keane Scholes Beckham.

Blacky
    Participant
    • :

Matic won’t be going after less than a year at OT mate,there are far bigger priorities to address.He should be used more sparingly next season and not be an automatic pick every week.He’s been running on fumes since around November and looks shot to pieces energy wise.

redblood
    redblood
    Participant
    • :

I know it and believe it @blacky mate,going by the last 2 windows which were absolutely disastrous,we will require a few more windows to ship all the deadwood out.Was hoping the likes of Carrick,Ibra,Darmian,Blind,and Fellaini will leave this January,@ least.There was absolutely no need to re-sign Carrick and Ibra!

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.