Transfer Fees

Home Forums General Football Transfer Fees

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by shanksy shanksy 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1577980
    Jay belfast
    Jay belfast
    Participant
    • :

    I know I know a chelsea fan complaining about transfer fees is a bit rich but they really are getting out of hand now. Up to £140m for countinho?! He’s good dont get me wrong and ultimately the market dictates the price but that’s insane to have a player a sign a 5 year contract.

    The fans ultimately suffer with the game will just become more and more commercialised to support these fees.

    The moral aspect of it is the most compelling however. Imagine what £140m could do to your local area? It would take a huge dent out of child poverty, homelessness or some other worthy cause.

    I dont know what the answer is as transfer caps will probably only lead to ridiculous player wages. Something has to be done though it’s just not right.

    #1578024
    AshCFC
    AshCFC
    Participant
    • :

    Totally agree Jay. It’s obscene. We live in a f*cked up world where the top 1 per cent earn circa 25 times what the other 99 per cent do. The wealth in football reflects the wider global economical imbalance.

    It’s sick.

    Happy new (but in the end, same as usual) year! 🙂

    #1578040

    Devon Hammer
    Participant
    • :

    Good point Jay, there’s also way too much money disappearing from football and going into the pockets of greedy agents.

    #1578235
    Pagan
    Pagan
    Participant
    • :

    10% of all transfer fees to go into grassroots football, as facilities not to run it. Start replacing all the AstroTurf pitches with 3G ones, and improve the quality of the grass pitches. That would be a start….Pagan

    #1578721

    theMartial Art
    Participant
    • :

    Liverpool fans “But but Klopp develops players… He won’t spend obscene amounts of money like other managers do…” Then Klopp goes on to break the transfer record for an average defender. One of the biggest chequebook manager in the PL along with Pep.

    #1578871
    shanksy
    shanksy
    Participant
    • :

    Hahaha how’s the Utd quadruple progressing warroturd? £300m spent to lose to Bristol City and surrender the title in December. Hilarious. Mourinho implosion in full swing. Lolololololo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.