Bid submitted for Chelsea takeover but rival offer given ‘90% chance’ while a third is in the works
A bid has been submitted for the takeover of Chelsea but a rival offer has been given a “90% chance” of success while a third is also in the works, according to reports.
After Roman Abramovich put the club up for sale last week there has been much talk about who will take it off his hands. And the first move has been made by a consortium led by US businessman Todd Boehly and Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss.
As per GOAL, they have made a formal bid. It is Boehly’s second time making such an approach after failing with a £2.2billion deal in 2019.
It will potentially be rivalled by Turkish billionaire Muhsin Bayrak. There has been skepticism surrounding his claims of buying the Blues.
Nevertheless, he reinforced on Tuesday that he was making a move. And he is very confident of being successful.
Speaking to Oda TV, he said: “We have reached a certain stage. Our law and finance department will start talks with theirs in London on Thursday.
“That’s the way it is at this point. On Thursday, we will notify the Public Disclosure Platform (KAP).
“People are talking about it, we made some progress in the talks, and the world believes we have a 90% chance of completing the deal. Abramovich thinks the same.”
Bayrak also asserted that he would inherit Chelsea’s debt, which he valued at roughly £680million.
Roman Abramovich says sale of Chelsea FC could take several months
Roman Abramovich says Chelsea FC sale could take months as he wants to find the right buyer to continue his hard work to make Chelsea successful
The other offer which could be on the way comes from US billionaire Josh Harris. The Financial Times claim he is considering a bid.
Harris owns a minority stake in Crystal Palace. What’s more, he has invested in several other sports teams in his home country.
Abramovich therefore does not seem short of options. It remains to be seen if they will meet his demands, though.
Chelsea prey on contract situation
Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…
Meanwhile, Chelsea are looking to prey on the contract situation of an exciting attacker and get the jump on a Premier League rival, it’s been claimed.
Thomas Tuchel already has several options going forward. But for the most part, they have not been performing at their best this season. More has been needed from the two recognised strikers, Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner.
The trio of Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic and Hakim Ziyech have all contributed, but there has been dips in form for all three.
Arguably the best performer has been Kai Havertz. He is still developing and adapting to English football, though.
So they’re eyeing up a shock raid…
READ MORE: Chelsea look to prey on contract situation of exciting attacker and get the jump on Prem rival