Liverpool have reportedly stepped up their efforts to sign Porto midfielder Vitinha in the summer transfer window, while Friday’s Transfer Gossip claims that incoming Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has dropped a bombshell to the Old Trafford hierarchy as he nears his appointment.
KLOPP STEPS UP MIDFIELDER CHASE
Liverpool have reportedly stepped up their efforts to sign Porto star Vitinha this summer, with the midfielder’s release clause standing at £33million.
The 22-year-old spent last season on loan at Wolves but has been a regular for Sergio Conceicao’s men this term.
Vitinha has chalked up two goals and two assists in 25 league outings for the Portuguese outfit. And Conceicao has previously described him as a “fabulous” player.
The report from O Jogo claims that the Reds are looking at the player, who is being tipped to replace Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain at Anfield.
The Reds star has struggled for game time during the second half of the campaign, with Liverpool tipped to cash in on his services.
As per WhoScored, Vitinha averages two shots, 1.5 key passes and 1.8 dribbles per game in the league this season. Those stats highlight the player’s qualities that could lead him to Merseyside.
If Liverpool do swoop for the midfielder, Vitinha would become the second Anfield arrival in recent months.
Luis Diaz was snapped up in the January transfer window and has already proved an immediate success.
TEN HAG TELLS TOP UNITED STAR HE CAN LEAVE
Erik ten Hag has reportedly given Cristiano Ronaldo the green light to leave Manchester United this summer.
Ten Hag is poised to become the next United manager after agreeing a deal in principle with Old Trafford bosses. And the Dutchman has sanctioned the departure of Ronaldo.
Indeed, he’s made it clear to the club’s hierarchy that Ronaldo will not be part of his long-term plans.
The 37-year-old still has more than a year remaining on his contract, having rejoined the club last summer.
However, despite notching 18 goals, Ronaldo’s second spell in Manchester is rapidly turning into a nightmare.
The Red Devils will make it five years in a row without a trophy when the season ends.
And, as per previous suggestions, Ten Hag has now told the club that Ronaldo is a luxury player who will not fit into the way he wants to play.
The incoming chief likes his forwards to press the ball and force errors. That is something that is beyond an aging Ronaldo, who preserves his energy for creative purposes.
To that end, the Daily Star reports the legendary forward will be allowed to move elsewhere this summer.
ALL ABROAD THE MAX AARONS TRAIN – AGAIN
Meanwhile, Arsenal and Manchester United are reportedly leading the chase to sign Norwich City right-back Max Aarons this summer.
The talented 22-year-old currently has two years left on his Canaries contract. However, with Norwich facing yet another relegation from the top flight, the England Under-21 star’s loyalty finally looks set to come to an end.
Tottenham, Barcelona and Roma have all previously chased the defender, whose price tag has held at £20million for some time.
But now the Gunners and United have joined German heavyweights Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the race for the player, according to a report in The Sun.
United are said to be assessing their right-back options after Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s patchy form. Meanwhile, Aarons fits the Gunners new blueprint of signing young English stars.