Allan Saint-Maximin in cryptic admission over Newcastle future amid links with Prem trio

Newcastle star Allan Saint-Maximin

Newcastle United ace Allan Saint-Maximin has come forward with a cryptic admission over his future amid transfer links with three rival Premier League teams.

The forward was a shining light during Steve Bruce’s underwhelming spell as Newcastle manager between July 2019 and October 2021. His electric performances gave Magpies fans something to look forward to at St James’ Park.

Newcastle are now in a new era and have been guided away from the bottom three by Bruce’s replacement, Eddie Howe.

There is a host of new stars for supporters to back, including Bruno Guimaraes, Chris Wood and Kieran Trippier.

Saint-Maximin remains an integral part of Howe’s plans. The Frenchman has featured in every Premier League match he has been fit for since Howe took over in November.

Saint-Maximin hasn’t been as prolific as he would like this season. Five goals and three assists have come his way in 31 games so far.

Allan Saint-Maximin a target for Prem rivals

But the 25-year-old remains highly rated and is garnering interest from Aston Villa, Everton and Wolves.

Howe gave his view on Saint-Maximin’s potential exit earlier this month. “He is an incredible talent,” the manager said.

“Of course he has a long-term future at the club. I’ve got a great relationship with Maxi. I’ve really enjoyed working with him.”

The attacker has now come in with his own admission. He says he loves the club and its supporters, which is why he hasn’t left yet.

Newcastle pair Fabian Schar and Allan Saint-Maximin

However, he will soon make a decision on what is best for his career. And that could involve leaving Tyneside if Newcastle do not improve.

“To be honest every year people think I am going to leave. And finally I stay,” Saint-Maximin told The Chronicle.

“I stayed because I love the club and love the supporters. I will see what is happening and what is the best for my future.

“At this time, I really want to be focused. And after the season I will decide what I will do.”

Newcastle are pretty much safe from relegation after beating Leicester City at the weekend. Their next match is against Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.

READ MORE: Newcastle move to front of queue for Rangers starlet after engaging in agent talks