£50m Man Utd, Tottenham target offers summer transfer hope

Date published: Tuesday 2nd October 2018 11:13

Ante Rebic says he could make a move from Eintracht Frankfurt as soon as next summer after snubbing Manchester United and Tottenham.

The powerful Croatia forward rose to prominence for his displays at the World Cup and Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Spurs were all believed to be chasing the 25-year-old.

In July Tuttosport last week claimed United had launched a £50million bid to land the Croatian wideman, while The Independent suggested that Jose Mourinho had turned to Rebic.

And Sport Bld, who were pretty accurate with transfers in the summer, reported that United had made contact with Rebic’s agent over a summer transfer.

New Bayern coach Nico Kovac, who left Frankfurt for Bavaria in the summer, denied they were in for Rebic.

He told Sport Bild: “There is nothing between FC Bayern and Ante Rebic. He is a strong personality and a great player but [a transfer] makes no sense. It doesn’t make sense today, and it won’t tomorrow.”

Rebic ultimately decided to remain in Germany, and penned a new deal to keep him at the Bundesliga club until 2022, but he has said a move could be on the agenda in 2019.

Rebic told Goal: “I didn’t want to go anywhere. I feel great in Frankfurt, am playing well and I’m happy.

Ante Rebic TEAMtalk

“There were a lot of offers this summer but Eintracht showed how much they appreciate me.

“They offered me a new contract, I signed it, although they always knew that I would.

“There’s enough time in my career to make a move, perhaps as soon as next summer.”

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM