Portuguese paper A Bola claim today they have the inside track on Cristiano Ronaldo’s next destination.
They believe the Real Madrid man has admitted he is open to joining Serie A champions Juventus.
Tuttosport have reported that Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes is working on a deal that will see Ronaldo move to Italy after ending a long-running fued with the Old Lady.
Mendes recently brokered the deal to take full-back Joao Cancelo to Turin from Valencia and now he is apparently set to follow that up with Ronaldo’s transfer.
Marca report that Juve say they can offer him £500,000 a week over a four-year contract – around £26m a season and that negotiations are underway, while Portuguese newspaper A Bola support those claims and report that Ronaldo is ready to call it quits in Madrid and head to Turin.
Ronaldo, 33, is contracted to the Champions League winners until 2021 and his buyout clause is set at €1billion, but OK Diario last week claimed his release clause has been significantly lowered to €120m.
— MARCA (@marca) July 3, 2018
The former Man Utd star has been heavily linked with a return to United since the Champions League final and Zinedine Zidane’s deaparture from the club.
In the immediate aftermath of the 3-1 win over Liverpool, he told beIN Sports: “It was very nice to be at Real Madrid.”
A Bola: "Ronaldo admits that he wants to leave Real Madrid for Juventus." pic.twitter.com/4uKI3Pj3wP
— Rafał (@InverseRM) July 3, 2018
He then told Spanish outlet Marca: “Money is not the problem.
“I have won five Champions Leagues and five Ballons d’Or. I had already made history, but now even more.
“I’m not upset because I know what I give to the club. I don’t want to erase this unique moment, with my colleagues who are champions.”