AC Milan chief scheming under the surface to pip Man Utd to dream target

Date published: Thursday 16th January 2020 3:41

AC Milan chief Zvonomir Boban has been working behind the scenes on a plan to beat the likes of Manchester United to the signing of Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Dani Olmo, according to a report.

Olmo, who has been at Dinamo since 2015, burst onto the scene at last summer’s European Under-21 Championships where he starred throughout to help Spain to triumph in the tournament.

The 21-year-old has kicked on this season having scored eight goals and assisted seven others in 22 appearances in all competitions, including two strikes in the Champions League.

Such form has reportedly put United, Tottenham and Chelsea on alert, as well as reigning Premier League champions Manchester City.

Spanish giants Barcelona are also said to have been keen, although their interest has reportedly waned in recent weeks.

According to SportMediaSet (via MilanNews.it), it is Milan who have now crept up and are looking to pip the other interested parties to Olmo’s signature.

The source says that the club’s director, Bobov, has been working under wraps on a plan to swoop for the player.

Indeed, Sportske have recently reported that Milan have now launched a €30m offer for Olmo as their interest begins to be firmed up.

However Olmo’s future pans out, the midfielder has hinted that he could look to move on from Dinamo at the end of the season.

He recently said: “Last summer was an ideal time to take a next step. In the end it did not happen and I said that I was equally happy because I wanted to play Champions League.

 

 

“But I think my cycle there is over and I want to take the next step to continue improving.”

Elsewhere, United are reportedly waiting along, along with Chelsea, to find out where Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare would like to go by the end of the January transfer window.

Soumare has been linked with both Premier League clubs in recent weeks and, according to Sky Sports News, the 20-year-old is set to choose between both in the coming weeks.

The midfielder has impressed in 23 appearances for Lille so far this season, including by featuring in all but two of his side’s Ligue 1 games.

A decision is not expected to be made until after Lille’s clash with Paris Saint-Germain on January 26, however.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM