Ajax hotshot Kluivert discusses Man Utd move rumours

Date published: Monday 5th February 2018 12:57

Ajax forward Justin Kluivert has dismissed reports linking him with a summer move to Manchester United.

The 18-year-old, who was an unused substitute in the Europa League final last year as Ajax lost to United, has been strongly rumoured to make a £10million switch to Old Trafford at the end of the season.

Those rumours hit a peak when United boss Jose Mourinho was seen in conversation with the son of Dutch legend Patrick Kluivert after that game.

However, Kluivert told Voetbal Inside (h/t Goal’s Robin Bairner): “The chances of me leaving are slim. I haven’t spoken to Jose Mourinho myself. I know as much as you do.

“Rumours are always there, but Manchester United has never come up, and I don’t think it’s a logical step. A few more years at Ajax? Who knows, we’ll see.”

 

The best United news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Manchester Utd Facebook page.

 

 

The report seems to have backed up by the fact that Mourinho has ruled out signing any more forwards this summer.

The Red Devils chief can currently pick from Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford and recently told the English media: “That’s why I say that it’s bad for you [the Press] because you like to have things to write about, especially in the summer.

“But I don’t want attacking players, so don’t speak about attacking players who are coming here because nobody is coming here.”

These quotes from Mourinho can always be taken with a pinch of salt and there are rumours that United are prepared to part company with Rashford in order to bring in Kluivert.

Like Rashford, the Dutch youngster can play all the positions across the front line but prefers a wide role to utilise his outstanding pace.

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM