Napoli chief confirms exciting €25m-plus deal to Everton is all done

Date published: Monday 31st August 2020 3:10 - Matthew Briggs

Allan is heading for Everton just five days after Napoli chief Aurelio de Laurentiis sent a warning to the Toffees over their approach.

The Napoli attacker has been on Everton’s radar all summer. In fact Carlo Ancelotti is believed to have made a move for the 29-year-old one of his summer priorities.

De Laurentiis though labelled Everton “buzzards” in the market and claimed “we have impenetrable armour and they’ll not get what they want or at the prices they want”.

That seemed to suggest that a deal was far from a conclusion. However, on Saturday Fabrizio Romano reported that Napoli and Everton had reached a ‘total agreement’ for the Brazilian.

And now, according to the same Italian journalist, de Laurentiis has confirmed the deal is happening.

“Allan is joining Everton. The deal will be announced soon,” said the Napoli chief

FootballItalia say similar and that De Laurentiis told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli: “We have reached the final salutes. He will go to Everton.”

Everton will reportedly pay €25m, plus add-ons to sign the player, who joined Napoli from Udinese for £10m in 2015.

Last week, according to Corrierre dello Sport (via Sport Witness), Allan’s heart remained set on a move to Goodison Park. His stance on his future had not changed and he is keen to reunite with Ancelotti in the Premier League.

What’s more, he reportedly had his “suitcase ready” as he geared up for the long-touted move to go through.

Allan has made over 200 appearances for the Serie A club, and last term he managed two goals and one assist from 23 Serie A games.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM