Arsenal update stance on star heavily linked with a move away

Date published: Wednesday 7th July 2021 3:32 - Dan Burnham

Hector Bellerin Gabriel Willian Hector Bellerin David Luiz Aubameyang Arsenal TEAMtalk

Arsenal are reportedly willing to let Hector Bellerin join Inter Milan on loan if there is an obligation to buy included in the deal.

Bellerin has spent a decade with the Gunners, but for a long time it has looked like last season would be his final campaign in north London. Reports earlier this year indicated he was one of many on a list of players that Mikel Arteta was looking to move on this summer. The Spanish manager is planning a major reshuffling of his pack for the 2021/22 season.

A number of sides across Europe have been linked with Bellerin since. A move back to his native Spain to Real Betis was said to be the standout option for the 26-year-old.

Since then though it has emerged that Inter Milan are interested in Bellerin. He features on their three-man shortlist of potential right-back signings, according to reports.

The Italian giants are facing financial struggles. As a result, they decided to cash in on first choice Achraf Hakimi.

The 22-year-old was a target for Chelsea. However, a fight with Paris Saint-Germain ensued, and the French club prevailed.

Now, Inter are in need of a replacement at the cheapest price possible. Whilst Bellerin is valued at only €20m, a fraction of the fee they received for Hakimi, they are said to be preferring a loan move.

This does not suit Arsenal’s needs. However, Gazzetta dello Sport (via SempreInter) have today reported that they are open to considering an initial loan move, as long as it has an obligation to buy.

The reports adds the fee Inter would be made to pay upon completion of the loan would be in the region of €20m-€25m.

Inter are now more hopeful of the move materialising. If Arsenal were to receive a permanent offer, however, then they would take that deal instead.

Bellerin could face Arsenal target next season

Meanwhile, the Gunners’ hopes of landing Italy star Manuel Locatelli are in the gutter after the Azzurri midfielder reportedly shut down the transfer talk.

Arsenal are looking to strengthen their midfield after a number of departures this summer.

Matteo Guendouzi, Martin Odegaard and Dani Ceballos have left, while Granit Xhaka also looks likely to move on.

That has left a huge hole in Arteta’s engine room. It is believed the club are working hard behind the scenes to add new faces.

One of those targeted is Locatelli, with Sassuolo director Giovanni Carnevali confirming Arsenal have made an offer for the 23-year-old.

Locatelli has other plans though…

READ MOREArsenal’s midfielder hopes in gutter after Azzurri star says ‘no’

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM