Atletico Madrid refuse to sell affordable Liverpool target

Date published: Wednesday 20th December 2017 1:45

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says Liverpool target Sime Vrsaljko is staying with the La Liga club.

Corrierre dello Sport last week claimed Liverpool had contacted Atletico Madrid to check on the January availability of defender Vrsaljko.

The Reds were understood to have made contact with Atletico director of football Andrea Berta about the 25-year-old and whether Atleti would consider selling him next month.

Atletico were said to value Vrsaljko at £22million, making the Croatian a feasible January target for Jurgen Klopp next month.

Napoli, Juventus and Inter are also interested in the player, who has had a lack of first-team playing time at Los Rojiblancos.

But Atletico want to keep the former Genoa and Sassuolo left-back.

“Vrsaljko is an Atletico Madrid player and I expect him to remain an Atletico Madrid player in 2018 too,” Cerezo told Radio CRC.

“We have always had a good rapport with all clubs, but one mustn’t misunderstand a good rapport for being the desire to negotiate for a player. I speak to (Napoli President Aurelio) De Laurentiis about cinema!

“I think Vrsaljko will stay with Atletico. In fact, I am certain of it.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM