Man Utd man’s entourage feeding media, as Old Trafford time turns sour

Date published: Tuesday 23rd March 2021 11:11 - Matthew Briggs

Eric Bailly, Manchester United defender

Eric Bailly reportedly feels Manchester United have been “disrespectful” towards him, as a move away from Old Trafford beckons.

The former Villarreal defender has 15 months left on his present contract with United, but despite talks over a new deal, Bailly seems unlikely to commit himself.

The centre-back is understood to be frustrated at his lack of game time and his representatives are making his feelings known in the media.

At the weekend, The Sun  reported that the 26-year-old “plans to snub” the new contract offer after being left out of the Europa League win over AC Milan.

As per the source, Bailly was “upset and furious” at being overlooked again by Solskjaer having played in the first leg at Old Trafford. Instead Solskjaer went with Victor Lindelof alongside Harry Maguire as United shut-out the Rossoneri to win 1-0.

The paper suggested that Bailly’s anger has come to a head and that he will not pen the 12-month contract extension that is on the table at Old Trafford.

The outlet quote a ‘dressing-room insider’: “Eric has had enough now.

“He simply doesn’t feel wanted or respected by the manager.”

 

 

And now another outlet have been fed a similar story with Sky Sports reporting Bailly fears United are offering him a new contract simply to guarantee a bigger transfer fee for him in the summer.

The broadcast giants report ‘a friend of the defender’ telling Sky Sports News: “Eric loves the club and the fans, his family are settled in Manchester and he’d like nothing more than to spend the rest of his career at Old Trafford.

“But he feels the club has been very disrespectful towards him and frankly he’s had enough.

“He feels that no matter what he does, he will never be first choice for Ole.

“He now realises he’s too good and too young to spend his time sitting on the bench.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed United are in talks with the Ivory Coast defender over a new deal .

However, Bailly has now not featured for United for three weeks. The club’s line is that the defender has a knock.

Apparently Bailly remains disgruntled after being left out of the  Europa League semi-final defeat to Sevilla last summer. The centre-back, who has made seven Premier League starts this campaign, had played in the four Europa games previous to the last-four game with the LaLiga outfit.


Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…


Bailly injury prone

Bailly was benched for the game in Cologne with Victor Lindelof getting the nod in his place. And he has also been upset at suggestions from Solskajer that he is injury prone.

Only last week Solskajer opened up on the reasons behind Bailly’s lack of action.

“Yeah, we have started talking to Eric and Eric’s representatives,” Solskjaer told reporters.

“Eric is keeping fitter for longer and you can see his performances as well. I have been very happy with him.

“His playing style has made him miss too many games because 100 games, that’s not enough for the period that he has been here.

“He is getting more and more robust. He is one we are talking to.”

READ MORE: Solskjaer will be axed if Man Utd fail to win Europa League, says pundit

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM