Mario Balotelli says his best form is in front of him after Nice admitted they expect to lose the striker this summer.
The Italy forward has successfully rejuvenated his career in Ligue 1 and his agent recently admitted he was in discussions with English and Italian clubs over a free-transfer move this summer.
The 27-year-old has blasted a career-best 22 goals in 31 games this season on the back of a 15-goal haul in the south of France last term.
“I think it’s one of my best seasons, but I can do much more because I’ve changed a lot. When you grow up, you become more mature, more stable, so it’s easier to focus on football. I hope the best is yet to come,” Balotelli told Telefoot.
“I’m enjoying it. It’s a different experience to what I have had in the past. For the moment, I’m happy, calm. Being calm is the most important thing I have learned being here.”
Nice president Jean-Pierre Rivere recently rejected claims by Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, that the forward would leave for free in June when his contract runs out.
However, before Sunday’s 2-1 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain, Rivere admitted the forward was likely to depart: “It is likely that Mario may be leaving to see other horizons.”
After the game, coach Lucien Favre has told Canal+: “It’s more likely than not that Mario will leave.”
Earlier this on month, Raiola said the former Liverpool and Man City man would be a summer “bargain” for someone.
“Mario is ready to return,” Raiola told RAI. “He’s matured and he’s one of the top ten forwards in the world, and he’s the No. 1 in Italy. He’s worth €100 million, but he’s available on a free, so he’s a bargain.
“I’m already negotiating with many clubs in England and Italy. I’ve spoken with Juve, Roma, Napoli and Inter, but not Milan since they have [sporting director Massimiliano] Mirabelli and I’m not on his same level.”