Barcelona tell Premier League strike target he’ll never play for club again

Date published: Tuesday 8th January 2019 6:34

Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde has reportedly told out-of-favour striker Munir El Haddadi that he will not play for the club again.

The 23-year-old’s current deal at the Blaugrana expires in June 2019, alerting a number of clubs that he could be available for transfer – with Sevilla rumoured to have already sorted a pre-contract agreement.

Marca claims that the forward turned down a new contract with the Catalan side in the hope of gaining regular first-team football elsewhere.

The player is said to have had a meeting with Valverde ahead of Sunday’s clash with Getafe, in which he was told that he would no longer be in first-team contention unless Barca are hit by injuries.

Munir has made 33 La Liga appearances for the Nou Camp outfit but has made only one league start this season and has spent the previous two campaigns on loan at Valencia and Alaves.

He scored 14 goals in 37 appearances for Alaves last season and had been expected to be sold last summer, only for Barca to change their minds and retain his services.

El Mundo Deportivo has previously reported that West Ham were keen on signing Munir, while Alaves, Real Betis, Celta Vigo, Schalke, Marseille and Napoli are also said to be eyeing a potential deal.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM