Reports in Germany suggest Borussia Dortmund are willing to enter into talks with Barcelona over the sale of Ousmane Dembele.
And suggestions the deal could be almost done have been exacerbated after the 20-year-old France international removed any mention of Dortmund from his social media accounts, while a team-mate of his Alexander Isak wished him on Instagram, before deleting the post.
Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke at the weekend claimed a bid €100million would not be enough to see Dembele, who still has four years on his deal, leave the Westfalenstadion.
The Bundesliga side are reportedly demanding at least €120million and knowing Barca’s desperation to replace Neymar and with €222m sitting in the Catalan club’s coffers it would be not surprise to see that price tag rise.
Whether Barca intend to sign Dembele and Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho remains to be seen, but reports in Spain have suggested their intention is to reinvest all the Neymar money.
Dembele to Barcelona done? His Team-mate posted this and deleted real quick pic.twitter.com/jP9iwd408C
— Sahil (@CriminalFIFA) August 8, 2017
Barca are understood to have sent delegations to Dortmund and Liverpool to thrash out deals for both players.
The Catalans are understood to have had bids of £72m and £80m turned down by Liverpool for Coutinho, with the Reds desperate to keep hold of their prized asset.
Dembele removed Dortmund from his instagram and twitter bio's. IT'S HAPPENING pic.twitter.com/vsf304Nsy7
— Danny (@R9Rai) August 8, 2017
However, sources have told ESPN Brasil that the 25-year-old is willing to hand in a transfer request if it means forcing through a move to the Nou Camp and that he has told the club he wants to leave.
While sources have told ESPN Deportes that a deal had been agreed between Barcelona, Liverpool and Coutinho.