Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has ruled out the possibility of Thomas Muller leaving the club in January.
Muller, 30, has only had a bit-part role in proceedings for the German champions so far this term, having started on the bench in five of the club’s last seven games.
With Manchester United reportedly looking to bring in attacking additions in the January transfer window, recent reports have linked the forward with a move to Old Trafford in the new year.
In fact, Sunday’s newspapers reported that United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward approved a move for the player, but speaking to Sky Sport Germany, Salihamidzic said that Muller was going nowhere.
The sporting director referenced recent injuries to defenders Niklas Sule and Lucas Hernandez when saying that Muller’s departure would be off the cards.
“That’s a story you want to write [Muller being sold],” Salihamidzic said. “We have two players out for months and you are trying to tell us to sell a player. There’s no reason for doing this.”