Benfica president Luis Felipe Vieira has revealed that he has turned down a €60million offer for striker Carlos Vinicius.
Reports say Manchester United and Liverpool are keen on the 25-year-old, who has scored 20 goals and assisted 12 others this term.
Either way, Vieira has spoken out amid the speculation and said an approach – from an unidentified club – has been made.
“I received an offer of €60m (£53.45m) for Vinicius and did not sell. He is priced at €100m,’ the club president told BTV (via the Liverpool Echo).
“If it weren’t for the pandemic, Benfica would have had two players sold for €100m each.”
In addition, interest reportedly comes further afield from Wolves, who could buy Vinicius and sell Raul Jimenez.
Jimenez, who moved to Wolves initially on loan two summers ago, has become the club’s driving force going forward in the past two seasons.
Vinicius, meanwhile, started his career in his native Brazil before moving to Europe in 2017 with Real SC.
The forward has since spent time at Napoli and Monaco ahead of his move to Benfica last year.
VINICIUS NOT AMONG UNITED’S PRIORITIES?
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants attacking reinforcements in the next transfer window, but his plans have reportedly changed.
Odion Ighalo extended his loan deal with the club on Monday, which has pushed the need for a new striker down Solskjaer’s list of priorities.
Nevertheless, reports say Solskjaer still sees a move for Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho as a priority.
The England international has scored 20 goals and assisted 20 others in all competitions this term.
Other targets United are reportedly chasing include Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish.