Birmingham warn Man Utd to change Bellingham offer or risk missing out

Date published: Thursday 4th June 2020 9:40

Jude Bellingham TEAMtalk

Birmingham want more cash up front from interested clubs such as Manchester United if they are to sell Jude Bellingham, according to reports.

Bellingham has become one of the most exciting players in England after less than one full season in the Championship.

The 16-year-old has chipped in with seven direct goal contributions in 32 Championship games, missing only five matches so far.

He was heavily linked with Premier League clubs such as United and Arsenal in January, while Borussia Dortmund are also said to be keen.

ESPN claims that Birmingham insiders accept they will have to sell Bellingham as they look to ease their financial worries.

However, the source says United risk losing out on the teenager if their current offer – made up of a smaller up front payment and a series of bonuses – remains on the table.

As such, the Championship club are looking for a bigger payment in cash ahead of the series of bonuses.

United, who have promised to offer Bellingham a first-team role, will continue to monitor the situation.

Boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is continuing to target young, exciting British talent following last summer’s successful spending.

Harry Maguire, Daniel James and Aaron Wan-Bissaka were all brought in and Jadon Sancho is a top target this summer.

BELLINGHAM CLOSE TO BEING BACK IN ACTION

The Championship will follow the Premier League in restarting later this month – three days after the top flight.

However, teams will be in for a tough schedule, playing all their fixtures between June 20 and July 22.

The play-offs are then set to come to an end on or around July 30.

Leeds and West Brom currently occupy the automatic promotion places, with the likes of Fulham and Brentford in close attendance.

Birmingham, meanwhile, sit 16th in the table with nine games remaining in their campaign.

Read more…

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM