Dortmund outline intentions over £70m Liverpool, Chelsea target

Date published: Monday 19th November 2018 10:36

Christian Pulisic TEAMtalk

Borussia Dortmund have moved quickly to quell the latest speculation linking Christian Pulisic with a January transfer.

On Friday the Daily Mail claimed that Chelsea were moving in on a deal for the USA international after he reminded everyone of his talents with an impressive display in the USA’s 3-0 defeat at Wembley.

“Chelsea look to have won the battle to sign 20-year-old Borussia Dortmund prospect Christian Pulisic,” claimed the tabloid, while a sensational report from the Mirror on Sunday suggested that Jurgen Klopp was willing to offload Fabinho in order to fund a £70million move for Pulisic.

Dortmund though are not intending to sell the midfielder and sporting director Michael Zorc has told Kicker that the Bundesliga side have no plans to sell the Pennsylvania-born starlet.

“We’ve known these rumours for many years,” Zorc told Kicker. “We’re planning to continue with him at least until the end of the season.

More from Planet Sport: ‘I’ve been playing with an injury for a long time,’ reveals Roger Federer (Tennis365)

“We will still need Christian significantly.”

Pulisic spoke about his future ahead of the friendly at Wembley last week.

“As you can see, we are having a great year at Dortmund and I am enjoying every moment of that,” he added. “Then, when the time comes for me to talk in the breaks about my future, then that’s when those things happen.

Christian Pulisic TEAMtalk

“England and the Premier League, it is a league where lots of kids dream of playing, so there is no reason why maybe one day I won’t play here.”

Pulisic is contracted to Dortmund until 2020, but there have been no talks to extend his contract in Germany.

In the summer Bild reported that Pulisic’s representatives had declined to hold any talks on a new contract beyond his current deal.

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM