Chances of Man Utd move over as attacker jets into Qatar for medical

Date published: Sunday 22nd December 2019 2:05

Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic has flown into Qatar to complete a move from the Serie A champions to Al-Duhail, according to a report.

The 33-year-old, who has been at Juve since a move from Atletico Madrid in 2015, has been linked with a move away from Turin in recent months due to his relationship with boss Maurizio Sarri.

Mandzukic has not made a competitive outing since the Italian took over from Max Allegri in June, with Manchester United one of the sides linked with his signature.

Indeed, it was claimed earlier in the season that Croatian international Mandzukic was being eyed by Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to provide back-up in attack, following the summer exits of Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku from the club.

However, according to Sky Sports Italy, a move to Old Trafford now looks off the cards with the striker jetting into the Middle East to seal a deal with Qatar Stars League side Al-Duhail.

The report claims that Mandzukic is set to undergo a medical ahead of signing an 18-month deal with the club.

Elsewhere, Solskjaer is said to be a step closer to securing a deal to sign RB Salzburg striker Erling Braut Haaland.

The Red Devils have been heavily linked with a move for the 19-year-old Norwegian, who has scored 28 goals in 22 games so far this season.

 

 

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, Solskjaer insisted that he would be happy to work with the likes of controversial super-agent Mino Raiola, who is said to have made potential negotiations between Salzburg and United more complicated.

Solskjaer said: “Agents work for the player. The player is in charge. I don’t have any issues about who represents players because I don’t really speak to them.

“I have got nothing to do with the money. I speak to the players when I need to speak to them. I don’t talk through agents.”

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM