Chelsea in pole position to snap up Barcelona attacker, if Conte leaves

Date published: Tuesday 6th February 2018 8:00

Chelsea would reportedly be in pole position to land Barcelona striker Luis Suarez if Antonio Conte is no longer manager of the club.

Conte’s future at Stamford Bridge remains doubtful after a mixed season so far, while the Italian is also said to be unhappy that he has not landed a number of his transfer targets in the summer and January.

Journalist Eduardo Inda told Spanish transfer program an El Chiringuito that if Conte was axed then former Barca boss Luis Enrique would be first in line for the Chelsea hotseat and would look to bring Suarez with him.

Enrique has been without a job since resigning from the Catalan giants at the end of last season, but he was responsible for bringing Suarez to Barca from Liverpool for €81million in 2014.

The Uruguay hitman had a tough start to the season but his form has picked up since the turn of the year and he has scored 16 La Liga goals in 19 games as Barca lead the way in the title race.

However, it remains to be seen if Suarez would be prepared to move back to the Premier League after enduring a rocky relationship with the English media, while he did not exactly leave Liverpool on overly friendly terms either.

Want news and features on the Reds on your Facebook timeline? Like our dedicated Liverpool page.

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM