Chelsea lead Euro big guns in chase for Lazio teenage sensation

Date published: Tuesday 12th January 2021 6:58 - Rob McCarthy

Raul Moro TEAMtalk

Chelsea have reportedly joined a number of top European clubs tracking the progress of former Barcelona academy winger Raul Moro.

The 18-year-old currently plays for Lazio and has made a big impression at youth level for the Italian outfit.

Moro has played only one minute of senior football during his short career so far, coming on late in Lazio’s league defeat to Juventus towards the end of last season.

But despite his lack of football at the top level, several big clubs are chasing his signature, with the Blues among them.

According to local outlet La Lazio Siamo Noi (as cited by the Express) Moro finds himself at a ‘crossroads’ regarding his future.

He is said to be frustrated at a lack of game time in Rome, with his agent looking to secure him more first-team chances.

 

It is claimed that Moro is attracting considerable interest from Chelsea, while other Premier League teams are also keen.

A ‘top club’ in Italy is also eyeing a poential move, having already having looked into a potential deal.


Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…


Summer deal more likely

The report adds that at this stage it remains to be seen if Moro will leave this month, with a summer exit more likely.

Blues boss Frank Lampard has previously admitted that Chelsea may dip into the transfer market in January. However, he did state that players must leave the club first.

He said: “We have a big squad and we have to see if that changes. We’ll see there are opportunities for players that aren’t playing so much.

“That’ll be a conversation between the player and myself and then we’ll see if we can strengthen in the right way. But we’re not jumping up and down to do so at the moment, my focus this year is purely on work. It’s a long month.”

Out-of-favour defenders Fikayo Tomori and Marcos Alonso are two players tipped to leave, along with veteran keeper Willy Caballero.

READ MORE: Napoli have first refusal on Chelsea man who Lampard said ‘sleeps’

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM