Chelsea miss out as €30m midfielder completes move to Monaco

Date published: Friday 27th July 2018 3:37

Monaco have completed the signing of sought-after Russia midfielder Aleksandr Golovin from CSKA Moscow.

The 22-year-old has signed a five-year deal after an undisclosed fee – believed to be around €30million – was agreed between the two clubs.

Golovin, who had been linked with Chelsea since impressing for Russia at the World Cup, scored 13 goals in 113 appearances for CSKA, who said they had received a club-record fee for his services.

“I am very happy to sign for Monaco,” Golovin told the Ligue 1 side’s official website.

“This is a new adventure for me that I approach with a lot of ambition. I am now very much looking forward to meeting the staff and my new team-mates and to get going.”

Monaco vice president and chief executive officer Vadim Vasilyev said Golovin had made the right move to continue his development.

He added: “We are very happy with the arrival of Aleksandr Golovin at Monaco.

“He is a talented young player, very prominent during the World Cup, but we have been following him for a long time.

“He already has solid experience in the Russian first division and internationally. Despite the competition of very large European clubs, Aleksandr has chosen the sporting project of Monaco, which will offer him the best conditions to continue his progress.”

 

Fancy the latest news on the Blues? Like our dedicated Chelsea Facebook page to get it straight to your timeline

More from Planet Sport:

T365 Recall: When Boris Becker served five aces in a row at 0-40 down (Tennis365)

A celebration of Fantasy Premier League & the end of a huge conspiracy (Planet Football)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM