Inter Milan place price tag on Eriksen after Conte makes his mind up

Date published: Monday 7th September 2020 4:23

Christian Eriksen TEAMtalk

Christian Eriksen has been placed on the transfer listed by Inter Milan just eight months after leaving Spurs, claims a report.

The Daily Mail report that Inter boss Antonio Conte does not see a future for Eriksen in his favoured 3-5-2 formation.

And Inter will consider any offers around the £35m mark for the player they signed on a free transfer from Spurs in January.

The 28-year-old, who told Spurs he wanted ” to try something new” has struggled in Serie A.

Eriksen made just 11 starts in all competitions in 2020, and managed four goals.

The report claims Inter “viewed their original swoop as a solid market opportunity” but that is not shared by former Chelsea boss Conte,

The midfielder’s time in Milan has been difficult with the coronavirus lockdown meaning he was unable to find a house and was in fact staying at the club’s training base.

 

 

Eriksen is focused on making himself at hit in Serie A and earlier this month he told DR Sporten (via Football Italia) that he is ready to start afresh with Inter in his first full season there.

“I had a few days off, but now I’m with the national team and I still haven’t had any information on what the club will do when I return,” he said.

‘We’ll have to see what the coach really thinks’

“I certainly hope to return and that everyone starts from scratch, then we’ll have to see what the coach really thinks.”

Conte though does not have the same feelings, per the source and wants to cut their losses on the Denmark international and is waiting for a suitable offer.

The player, who was reprimanded by police during lockdown after a trip to the supermarket, was linked with a return to the Premier League in June.

According to Inter Live, Newcastle hoped to reunite him with his former manager at Tottenham, Mauricio Pochettino.

Neither have yet to arrive on Tyneside though with Steve Bruce still at the helm with the proposed takeover on a back burner.

READ MORE: Inter Milan legend digs out Christian Eriksen with brutal comment

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM