D-Day for Leroy Sane as Euro giants await future decision

Date published: Monday 8th July 2019 4:10

Bayern Munich chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says the club are waiting on an answer from Manchester City’s Leroy Sane over the winger’s future.

The chief executive officer of the Bundesliga champions claimed the club had not made an offer for the Germany winger last month.

Bayern though are believed to have made the 23-year-old their no.1 summer target and are expecting an answer from the forward when he returns from holiday.

Some of City’s first-team squad returned to pre-season training today, but Sane is still away on holiday and expected to return this week.

“I’d like to think he’ll return from his holidays this week. That’s where he wanted to consider his future,” Rummenigge said at the official presentation of Lucas Hernandez. “We’ll have to wait and see if there’s any movement.”

Sane is under contract with domestic treble winners for the next two seasons, but Bayern are in need of some attacking flair and are looking to fill the sizeable shoes of Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.

The City forward has been in contract talks at the Etihad, but The Sun reported last month there had been no breakthrough with the tabloid claiming Sane had told pals that he is happy to extend his time in England.

Rummenigge meanwhile, who has tried multiple time to land Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, says the club are waiting for the first big European transfer to set off the transfer merry-go-round.

He added: “We are waiting, all the clubs are waiting for the first big transfer. Because that will then trigger more big transfers. We are well positioned and patient.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM