Depay responds to Spurs rumours as Lyon chief makes Man Utd claim

Date published: Wednesday 13th November 2019 10:08

Lyon winger Memphis Depay has insisted that he “knows nothing about” speculation linking him with a move to Tottenham, adding that he is not keen to entertain the subject.

Recent reports have credited Spurs with interest in Depay, who has been influential for Lyon so far this season having scored seven goals in 11 games in all competitions.

Speaking to Dutch news outlet Voetbal Primeur, however, the 25-year-old dismissed the claims and said he was only focused on the season with his French employers.

“I don’t want to talk about that. I don’t want to talk about rumours that I know nothing about,” the winger said.

“We leave it in the corridors. I am focused on a strong season so far.”

Elsewhere, Lyon director of football Juninho has revealed that Manchester United have first refusal if Depay chooses to leave the club.

He told the club’s official website: “Manchester United has the priority if several clubs line up to buy him. But we have not received any offers so far. He is really happy right now in Lyon.

 

 

“[Lyon boss] Rudi [Garcia] will soon make his decision. He is a technical leader. We will discuss an extension of contract by the end of the year.”

Depay has scored 50 goals and registered 42 assists in 130 games for Lyon.

Read more: Three suitors emerge as broadsheet goes big on Pochettino sack claims

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM