Desperate measures, as Everton reopen talks with Allardyce

Date published: Monday 27th November 2017 3:42

Everton have reopened talks with Sam Allardyce about becoming their new manager, according to Sky Sports News.

Allardyce┬áruled himself out of the running for the job earlier this month after being put off by the club’s indecision.

After putting under-23 coach David Unsworth in temporary charge, Everton approached Watford for permission to speak to Marco Silva but were rebuffed by the Hertfordshire club.

It’s undertstood Allardyce was then approached, but he told Everton he was no longer interested in the job after being offered only contract until the end of the season.

The former England manager, who left Crystal Palace after saving the club from relegation at the end of last season, has also been on the hit list of West Brom, but the 63-year-old has distanced himself from the job.

“I’m enjoying my life more than you could believe,” Allardyce told the Daily Star. “I’m travelling, taking holidays and doing some punditry.

“At the moment, going back into football isn’t on the agenda.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM