Sidibe issues firm message to Monaco board over Everton loan spell

Date published: Wednesday 11th March 2020 2:03 - Jonny Whitfield

On-loan Everton full-back Djibril Sidibe has said that his heart is set on making a permanent move to Goodison Park from parent club Monaco.

The France international struggled to get into the team at the start of the season, not featuring in the Toffees’ first seven Premier League games.

However, he has been a regular since then and has only missed one of the next 22 outings in the top flight, assisting five goals in all competitions.

Everton have the option to purchase Sidibe for £12.7million at the end of the season and, speaking to RMC Sport, the 27-year-old insisted that his mind is already made up.

“I have had a discussion with the Monaco board, they know my position, I know theirs,” the defender said.

“Concerning Everton, I have my position, I also know the coach’s position. I can’t say, but on my side everything is green lit.

“The coach likes me, he has faith in me. Then there are things that will count that I do not have control over, Monaco’s position, Everton’s position.

“My aim is to play the maximum number of games until the end of the season, Euro 2020 is coming.

[Everton] really want to invest to reach the European places and that is something that is well on its way and that interests me, it is what I want, we will see what the future has in store.”

 

 

Everton sit 12th in the Premier League table with nine games remaining and face Liverpool in the Merseyside derby on Monday.

Liverpool could have had the chance to win the title at Goodison Park had Manchester City been beaten by Arsenal on Wednesday and by Burnley on Saturday.

However, City’s game with Arsenal has been postponed as a “precaution” due to fears about the spread of the coronavirus.

Read more…

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM