Dortmund balk at Jadon Sancho talk amid Man Utd, Liverpool claims

Date published: Saturday 30th November 2019 11:16

Manchester United and Liverpool have been told to temper their expectations that Jadon Sancho will be allowed to leave Borussia Dortmund in January, by the club’s sporting director Michael Zorc.

The England forward, tracked by a host of top clubs, has seen relations between himself and Dortmund become “strained” recently, fuelling speculation that this season will be his last in the Bundesliga with two years remaining on his deal next summer.

Only last month Sancho was left out of the squad by Lucien Favre, who cited “a disciplinary measure” adding that “everything else will remain internal”.

However, those reports upped a notch on Thursday when the Independent claimed Sancho had been cleared to leave the Westfallonstadion in January after another show of ill-discipline saw him axed from the starting line-up in Wednesday’s Champions League clash against Barcelona.

As per the report, coach Lucien Favre claimed he preferred to select players who are “focused and ready”, and his stance would lead to a ‘bidding war’ for his services in the winter window with both Liverpool and Man Utd poised to submit offers.

Furthermore, Saturday’s papers claim Chelsea have added Sancho to their list of targets in January, should their transfer sanctions be lifted; leading to a likely three-way chase for the talented teenager.

However, Zorc is confident Dortmund have put a lid on the row between player and manager, meaning Sancho should remain with the Bundesliga giants until at least until the end of the season.

“We’ve cleared everything internally in the team and with the player,” Zorc told a news conference on Friday ahead of the trip to Hertha Berlin.

“It’s done, we’re looking forward. Jadon is another regular player and he is part of our team.

“I believe that when he came on against Barcelona, ​​we witnessed a good response and he did a very good job.

 

“I do not have the impression that he wants to prepare for a January move. We talked to him and his agency. We hope he shows his best possible performance on Saturday.”

While United remain favourites for his signature, Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher has urged his former club to make a move for a player tipped, one tip, to challenge for the Ballon d’Or.

“I think Liverpool still lack one player which is an attacking player to really support the front three and almost make it like a front four,” Carragher told Viasport.

“At the moment there’s still a big difference when one of the front three doesn’t play.

“Maybe there’s talk of a man in the Bundesliga coming to England from Borussia Dortmund, maybe he’s someone who Liverpool may be looking at in Sancho, who a lot of other Premier League clubs are looking at.”

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM