€70m formal offer made for 20-goal Liverpool, Man Utd strike target

Date published: Friday 26th April 2019 9:55

Inter Milan have reportedly submitted a formal €70million offer for Nicolas Pepe, with Liverpool preparing to make their move for the Lille star.

L’Equipe report that Inter have started the ball rolling with a concrete offer for the forward, who has been heavily linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool.

It was recently revealed that the Reds had made contact with Lille about a potential transfer, with the player’s agent Samit Khiat claiming: “We are in discussion with clubs. No decision has been taken.”

The French outlet via Get French Football News claim the 23-year-old has decided not to make any decision on his future until after the Ligue 1 clash with Lyon on May 5, which could decide Lille’s final placing in Ligue 1.

Liverpool meanwhile, “continue to pay close attention to the situation and intend to position themselves in a few weeks time”.

Pepe has hit the radar of numerous big club’s in Europe this year after hitting 20 goals and 12 assists this season, including a double in the 5-1 hammering of champions Paris Saint-Germain last week.

And Lille coach Christophe Galtier last month admitted it will be hard to keep the Ivory Coast sensation.

He said: “It’s difficult to keep these type of players in out league. When the biggest clubs in Europe call you, it’s really complicated.”

 

While only this week Lille president Gerard Lopez told Telefoot he was resigned to losing Pepe: “Four or five players will be leaving this summer.

“All clubs are forced to balance their accounts except perhaps one. I would say yes, it is sure he [Pepe] will leave.

“He enters a price range that can no longer be paid. There is a career choice to make for him, I think he will have the choice.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM