Andres Iniesta is being forced out of Barcelona by Philippe Coutinho’s arrival, while Liverpool could land a £106m Real Madrid star amid claims Cristiano Ronaldo wants him sold, according to Friday’s European papers.
INIESTA BEING FORCED OUT OF BARCA
Andres Iniesta’s time at Barcelona may be coming to an end, according to reports on Friday.
The Catalan legend could soon find himself out of Ernesto Valverde’s starting line-up, according to Sport, with the Barca chief wanting new boy Philippe Coutinho to become the main focus of his midfield.
The 33-year-old four-time Champions League winner, who has been strongly linked with a switch to China, is said to be seriously considering his future and has previously stated that he would not stay at the club for the sake of it.
Speaking almost a year ago he said: “I’m not saying I won’t extend my deal, but I’ll never choose to remain at Barca for the sake of remaining”.
Coutinho arrived from Liverpool for £142million last month and Valverde wants to use the former Reds playmaker in a deeper midfield role to dictate play, a role similar to the one that Iniesta occupies.
More from Planet Sport: The future stars of tennis. (Tennis365)
RONALDO URGES REAL MADRID TO SELL ISCO
Cristiano Ronaldo has held talks with Florentino Perez over the club’s future transfer plans – and it’s claimed the Real Madrid superstar has urged the club to cash in on Spain star Isco.
The defending European champions look a good bet to make the last eight of the Champions League having beaten PSG 3-1 in the first leg of their last-16 clash, but the defence of their La Liga crown has been largely forgettable – and the club are planning wholesale changes over the summer.
According to Diario Gol, Ronaldo has urged Real to cash in on Isco, with the player failing to find his best form on a consistent basis.
Isco has been strongly linked with a whole host of Premier League clubs over the years, with Manchester United most strongly linked. But with Jose Mourinho’s recent admission that he does not want to bolster his attack this summer, it’s suggested Liverpool could look to bring the player to Anfield as they seek a long-term replacement for Philippe Coutinho.
It was reported on Thursday that Liverpool saw efforts to prise Marco Asensio from Real Madrid fail last month – but they could have more joy if they switch their attentions to Isco, who could be allowed to leave for a bid of around €120million (£106m) by Real.
The 25-year-old has contributed six goals and five assists in 28 appearances in all competitions this campaign and news of his potential availability could persuade Jurgen Klopp to switch focus from Asensio, if the reports are to be believed.
Want news and features on the Reds on your Facebook timeline? Like our dedicated Liverpool page.
AND THE REST
Kevin Strootman has reiterated his desire to stay at Roma this summer amid reports Liverpool could try to sign him as a €35m replacement for Emre Can (Sky Italia)
Manchester United and Tottenham target Andre Gomes has been told he will be allowed to leave the club this summer. The Catalan club would prefer to offer United first refusal as a sweetener for the club ending their interest in Samuel Umtiti (AS)
Manchester United’s reported interest in Umtiti has spurred Barca into action with the La Liga giants in talks to hand him a new and improved deal (Sport)
Barcelona have been ‘extensively scouting’ the progress of Nice duo Malang Sarr and Jean Michael Seri, the latter of whom is wanted by Manchester United and Arsenal (SFR Sport)
Bayern Munich have joined Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal in the race to sign Leon Bailey from Bayer Leverkusen. The Jamaican winger has eight league goals in just 14 outings for Die Werkself (Kicker)
Newcastle lead Watford and Deportivo La Coruna in the chase to sign Bologna striker Mattia Destro (Football Italia)
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta has received an offer from Tianjin Quanjian and is seriously considering accepting it, given they want to offer him a deal worth €35m a season (Sport)
Sergio Ramos claims Zinedine Zidane may not be in charge at Real Madrid next season as he says the manager may want “a break” (Marca)
Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele has been backed to turn around his stuttering start at the club by Lionel Messi (Mundo Deportivo)
Juventus are targeting a double summer raid of Serie A rivals Roma with Lorenzo Pellegrini and Alessandro Florenzi in their sights (Calciomercato)
Real Madrid face competition from Juventus for Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes (Diario AS)
Bayern Munich want to sign James Rodriguez on a permanent deal from Real Madrid this summer (Bild)
Reported Chelsea target Alessandro Florenzi is edging closer to signing a new deal with Roma (Calciomercato)
Roma have reignited their interest in Real Madrid defender Nacho Fernandez (Corriere dello Sport)
Leicester City’s title-winning manager Claudio Ranieri – currently at the helm of Ligue 1 side Nantes – says he would be ‘proud’ to manage the Italian national team (Corriere dello Sport)
AC Milan are ready to battle Man Utd and Man City to sign Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus this summer (Calciomercato)
Bologna striker Simone Verdi says he wanted a stay at a place in which he feels like his home after turning down a move to Serie A leaders Napoli last month (Corriere della Sera)