Euro Paper Talk: Bundesliga star aware of Klopp interest

Date published: Monday 29th October 2018 8:15

Barcelona are ready to allow a £100m-rated winger to leave, while a Hoffenheim midfielder has confirmed Liverpool scouts are watching him, all in Monday’s European papers.

 

BARCELONA TO SHOW DEMBELE THE DOOR

Barcelona have decided that winger Ousmane Dembele is surplus to requirements at the club, according to Catalan radio station RAC1.

The former Dortmund man struggled during his first campaign at the Nou Camp, and is reportedly unhappy with life in Spain and has often turned up late for training.

Dembele was an unused substitute during Barca’s 2-0 Champions League win over Inter Milan, and following that game the club decided the 21-year-old was free to leave.

The winger, who has been linked with moves to Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal, has been tipped to make a £100m switch to PSG.

 

LIVERPOOL SCOUT DEMIRBAY

Hoffenheim midfield man Kerem Demirbay says he can handle the pressure of being linked with Liverpool.

Liverpool reportedly scouted Demirbay in Champions League action last week.

Turkish-Football suggested “a source close to the player” had told them that Jurgen Klopp’s men were set to watch the player in Hoffenheim’s 3-3 Champions League draw at home to Lyon.

A report earlier in the month from the Daily Star claimed that Demirbay was back on Liverpool’s radar ahead of a possible January move.

And now the player himself confirmed Liverpool scouts were in attendance during Hoffenheim’s 4-0 win over Stuttgart on Saturday.

Demirbay came on as a substitute in the first half, and was quoted by Sky Germany as saying: “Of course I noticed that [Liverpool scouts were there]. I can handle it.”

The 25-year-old midfielder agreed a deal extension earlier in the year which will run until the end of the 2021-22 season and Bild have claimed that the player has a £28m due to a release clause in his contractdeal.

 

MOURINHO SWITCHES FULL-BACK TARGETS

Jose Mourinho will try to sign Atletico Madrid defender Filipe Luis in January, according to the latest reports from Spain.

Don Balon claims that the 33-year-old is not currently enjoying life under Diego Simeone having lost his place in the line-up.

Mourinho is understood to be keen to add full-back depth to his squad, despite tying Luke Shaw down to a new five-year deal.

Reports earlier in the month claimed United are reportedly leading Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid in the race to sign Benfica left-back Alex Grimaldo, who is rated in the €50m (£44m) bracket.

Felipe Luis meanwhile has found himself displaced in the starting XI by Lucas Hernández, who won the World Cup as a left-back with France.

Mourinho “believes he can convince the Brazilian to be the new left-back of Manchester United until the end of the season”, the report claims.

However, the Portuguese “knows it will not be a cheap signing and could cost around 25 million euros”.

 

AND THE REST

Bayern Munich winger Alphonso Davies will join up with his new teammates next month, manager Niko Kovac has confirmed

Real Madrid will bring in River Plate midfielder Exequiel Palacios in time for the start of next season (Marca)

Real Madrid’s hopes of bringing in Antonio Conte to replace Julen Lopetegui have received a set-back (AS)

Loris Karius TEAMtalk

Liverpool have received an offer to take back goalkeeper Loris Karius from Besiktas, which would see striker Divock Origi replace him in Turkey (Fotomac)

Those close to Liverpool goalscorer Mohamed Salah believe the Egyptian intends to leave Liverpool at the end of the current season, with an agreement in place between the player and the Anfield club that he will not be prevented from departing should Barcelona or Real Madrid move for him (Don Balon)

Real Madrid will sack manager Julen Lopetegui on Monday with former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte set to be named as his successor (Goal)

Juventus have joined a glut of European clubs in following Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele (Calciomercato)

Inter are keeping an eye on Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Alphonse Areola (Gazzetta dello Sport)

World Cup 2022 hosts Qatar are considering an approach for Leonardo Jardim to become their new national team coach (France Football)

Adrien Rabiot was left out of PSG’s starting XI to face Marseille on Sunday, putting his future in greater doubt

Pavel Nedved, Juventus’ vice-chairman, refused to be drawn on the prospect of Paul Pogba returning to the Allianz Stadium (Sky Italia)

Pep Guardiola has been so impressed with Brazilian midfielder Arthur’s performances for Barcelona this season that he is ready to offer £93.5m for the playmaker next summer (Don Balon)

Napoli’s diminutive attacker Lorenzo Insigne, rumoured to be a Liverpool transfer target, is valued at a whopping £90m and will not be allowed to leave the club for less (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Lorenzo Insigne TEAMtalk

Roma have started talks over a new deal to keep Stephan El Shaarawy at the club until 2022 (Tuttomercatoweb)

 

Want all the latest football news directly on your timeline? Like our Facebook page.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM