One Premier League-linked striker has emptied his locker room at his current club ahead of a move, and Antonio Conte has demanded that a Manchester United target leaves Inter ahead of his appointment, according to Thursday’s European papers.
PROLIFIC STRIKER EMPTIES LOCKER ROOM AHEAD OF TRANSFER
Luka Jovic has emptied his locker room at Eintracht Frankfurt ahead of a move away, according to reports.
Jovic only joined Frankfurt permanently this spring, after a successful two-year loan spell from Benfica, but is already set to move on, with several European giants hovering.
The striker had been widely expected to join Real Madrid, but the initial talks seem to have stalled – and the player himself has admitted that he would be interested in playing in the Premier League.
“From my experience in the Europa League, I would say that some other leagues in Europe are more suited to me and my way of playing football,” he told German newspaper Welt am Sonntag.
“In terms of the physique, the Bundesliga is very demanding, but after the games against Chelsea or Inter Milan, I personally had the feeling that I could feel even better [playing] in the Premier League or Serie A.
“The way the teams play there suits me better.
“I’m looking forward to seeing my level compared to the best players in the world. One thing is clear: I want to succeed in my career.”
Now, according to Bild, the 21-year-old has cleared out his belongings at Frankfurt, with no intention of returning.
Linked with both Manchester clubs, Jovic is now set to complete his long-awaited switch to Madrid, for a fee of about €60m.
MAN UTD MOVE FOR RABIOT AND COUTINHO
Manchester United have stepped up efforts to freshen up their midfield by launching serious offers for two of their top targets, according to reports in Spain.
With the likes of David De Gea, Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba all expected to join Ander Herrera out the exit door, it promises to be a huge summer of change at Old Trafford. Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expected to be handed a £200m transfer warchest – and that figure could be swelled by the potential sales of a number of their top stars.
And the United manager has wasted little time in drawing together a list of potential recruits – and now it’s claimed firm offers have been made for two of their targets.
According to Mundo Deportivo, United have made an approach to Adrien Rabiot, who is available as a free agent this summer. According to the report, United have told Rabiot’s representatives they will meet his request for a €10m signing-on fee and have also offered him a meaty contract – worth an estimated £150,000 a week – to lure him to Old Trafford.
Rabiot has been mentioned as targets for Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus, but their reluctance to meet his financial needs means United could find themselves in the driving seat.
The report claims United believe Rabiot would be an ideal replacement for Herrera and also give them a serious upgrade on Nemanja Matic, who had a disappointing season, and Fred, who failed to settle following his move from Shakhtar Donetsk and could now also be allowed to move on.
Mundo also now report United have indicated to Barcelona they are willing to meet the €100m needed to sign Philippe Coutinho this summer.
The Brazilian has proved a major disappointment since a £142m switch from Liverpool and are said to be willing to cash in on the player amid claims he has also submitted a transfer request.
The report adds that while United’s efforts to sign Coutinho are genuine, it also concedes that their failure to qualify for the Champions League means the former Liverpool man could instead wait to see if other options emerge before deciding on a move to Old Trafford. Mundo claims Chelsea are also determined to sign him, though their hopes rest entirely on beating the transfer embargo placed on them by FIFA.
Get the latest personalised Red Devils products on our new TEAMtalk Man Utd shop!
AND THE REST
PSG are ready to offer to take Philippe Coutinho on loan from Barcelona (AS)
Antonio Conte has demanded that Mauro Icardi leave Inter if he is appointed there as Luciano Spalletti’s successor. Atletico Madrid and PSG are hovering (Gazzetta Dello Sport)
Juventus have suggested a swap deal between Alex Sandro and Marcelo with Real Madrid (Defensa Central)
Barcelona want to sign Valencia captain Dani Parejo and striker Rodrigo Moreno this summer (Super Deporte)
However, Manchester United have also made contact to enquire about Rodrigo (Don Balon)
PSG owner Sheikh Al-Thani wants the club to sign Matthijs De Ligt from Ajax this summer (Le10 Sport)
The agent of Fiorentina star Jordan Veretout has revealed he expects the midfielder to sign for Napoli this summer (Radio Marte)
Sassuolo boss Roberto De Zerbi and Shakhtar Donetsk’s Paulo Fonseca have emerged as the new favourites to take over at Roma (Corriere Dello Sport)
Espanyol are considering a move for Watford boss Javi Gracia to replace the outgoing Rubi (Marca)
Torino, Lazio and Sassuolo are interested in Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic, but he is more likely to join Werder Bremen (Tuttosport)
Thomas Tuchel has admitted he would be interested in signing Borussia Dortmund’s Julian Weigl (Eurosport Germany)
West Ham want to sign Alaves defender Guillermo Maripan before he goes to the Copa America with Chile (Marca)
Monaco are plotting a bid for Spurs defender Serge Aurier (France Football)
Tottenham are leading the chase to sign PSV winger Steven Bergwijn and have indicated to his agent they are willing to meet the bargain €25m exit clause in his contract (De Telegraaf)
Pep Guardiola has launched a €60m offer for Juventus right-back Joao Cancelo in a bid to beat Man Utd to his signature. But the swoop will cast doubts over Kyle Walker’s future at Man City (Tuttosport)
Chelsea have offered Inter Milan the chance to sign AC Milan loanee Tieumoue Bakayoko (SportMediaSet)
Empoli right-back Giovanni Di Lorenzo has arrived for his Napoli medical ahead of a €10m transfer (Gianluca Di Marzia)
Atletico Madrid have a deal in place to sign Porto captain Hector Herrera, who had been linked with Arsenal and Tottenham, with an announcement expected imminently (Mundo Deportivo)
Newcastle have held talks with Benfica over a potential move for Odysseas Vlachodimos, who is rated at €15m (Record)
Former Real Madrid and Spain boss Julen Lopetegui is the favourite to fill the vacant managerial role at Sevilla (ABC De Sevilla)
Monaco want to sign Arsenal target Gelson Martins from Atletico Madrid permanently this summer (Mundo Deportivo)
Atletico Madrid have launched a €80m offer for Leicester left-back Ben Chilwell, with Man City still weighing up an approach for the England defender (AS)
Xabi Alonso is leaving his coaching capacity at Real Madrid to take up a similar role at Real Sociedad (AS)
Bayern Munich have lodged a bid of €90million for Juventus attacker Paulo Dybala (Corriere dello Sport)
Inter Milan striker Andrea Pinamonti is a transfer target for Wolves (FC Inter News)