Tottenham Hotspur face disappointment in their efforts to sign an Ajax star, and a Bundesliga left-back is considering leaving as Manchester City hover – according to Monday’s European papers.
VAN DE BEEK HINTS AT AJAX STAY
Donny Van De Beek has revealed that he could stay at Ajax this summer, despite links with a move away.
The 22-year-old midfielder emerged as one of several breakout stars in the Dutch club’s run to the semi-finals of the Champions League, leading to rumours of interest from Tottenham Hotspur – against whom he scored in the semi-finals – Paris Saint Germain and Barcelona.
PSG were said to be most heavily linked, as they prepared a €50m bid to take Van De Beek to France as a replacement for the departing Adrien Rabiot – and potentially Julian Draxler, a reported target for Liverpool and Arsenal.
However, Van De Beek could be set to snub all the clubs who are interested in making offers for him.
“Everyone must take his decisions, my contract expires in 2022 and I am happy at Ajax,” he said. “I could stay here because I am very happy in Amsterdam.”
The update follows a similar admission from Barcelona and Manchester United target Matthijs De Ligt, with the Ajax captain laughing off the transfer speculation surrounding him.
MAN UTD BATTLE SPURS FOR €100m ARGENTINE
Manchester United are interested in signing Real Betis star Giovani Lo Celso this summer, but may have to pay €100m to land him, a report claims.
The attacking midfielder scored nine goals and made four assists in his debut campaign in La Liga, following a loan move from PSG that was soon made permanent.
Despite impressing with the Seville-based club, they could apparently look to turn a quick profit by selling Lo Celso on straight away, with several big clubs interested in his signature.
Reports earlier this week claimed that Spurs had made an opening offer of £52m for the Argentina international, as they worry about the future of Christian Eriksen.
However, Spanish outlet Marca are now reporting that United have now joined the race, and will look to usurp Spurs’ bid.
With Ander Herrera set to depart Old Trafford in the summer, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is is need of new midfielders, and Lo Celso is seen as a creative solution.
A bidding war could ensue, with Lo Celso’s release clause set at €100m. PSG are entitled to 20% of any sell-on fee, so Betis are eager to earn as much money as possible from the potential sale of the 23-year-old.
AND THE REST
Christian Eriksen has accepted a move to Real Madrid after holding secret talks with the La Liga giants. (Don Balon)
Lazio’s president has revealed that former Man Utd target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is not for sale, but that the club would have to consider any important offers that arrive. (Calciomercato)
Reported Manchester City target Raphael Guerreiro is considering leaving Borussia Dortmund, with only one year remaining on the left-back’s contract. (Bild)
Benfica are ready to double the €60m release clause of Man Utd defensive target Ruben Dias. (Record)
Arsenal could reignite their interest in Juan Cuadrado after the Colombian decided he wants to leave Juventus. (Don Balon)
The agent of Edin Dzeko has refuted claims that the Roma striker is in Turkey to negotiate a deal with Fenerbahce, insisting the Inter Milan target is on holiday elsewhere. (SempreInter)
PSG will hold out for an ambitious €50m to sell Man Utd strike target Edinson Cavani. (France Football)
AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma is being eyed by Arsenal as well as Man Utd, but would cost £62m. (Tuttomercatoweb)
Spurs and West Ham could be two of the clubs that have made offers for Celta Vigo midfielder Okay Yokuslu. (Mundo Deportivo)
Torino are set to activate their €10m option to buy Chelsea full-back Ola Aina. (Calciomercato)
Fabio Borini has revealed that it is “certain” that he will stay with AC Milan. (Gazzetta Dello Sport)
Arsenal boss Unai Emery is on Barcelona’s list of targets to replace Ernesto Valverde, if they sack him following their Copa Del Rey final defeat. (Mundo Deportivo)
Marseille are bracing themselves for offers for Morgan Sanson, who came close to joining Wolves in January. (France Football)
Eibar have triggered their option to buy on-loan Barcelona left-back Marc Cucurella for €2m – with the La Liga champions retaining a €4m buyback clause. (various)
Barcelona target Matthijs de Ligt will make a decision on his future after the Netherlands’ Nations League games – and the Ajax defender says he does like the Premier League. (ESPN)
Saint-Etienne are hoping to work out a sale and loan back deal with Arsenal for defender William Saliba. (Le10sport)
Italy’s 19-year-old midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo, who has been linked with Tottenham, says he is optimistic about signing a new deal that will keep him at Serie A side Roma. (Calciomercato)
Real president Florentino Perez will not allow Ramos to move to China for free. (AS)
Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has told former Germany and Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng, 30, that he can leave the Bundesliga champions. (Bild)
Massimiliano Allegri insists he has no issues with taking a year out from football if the right opportunity does not present itself following his Juventus exit.
Juventus have reached an agreement with Maurizio Sarri, but are waiting on Mauricio Pochettino. (Calciomercato)
Manchester City and Manchester United will compete to sign Portugal defender Joao Cancelo if Juventus’ new manager decides the 25-year-old can leave the Serie A champions. (Tuttosport)
Martin Odegaard will be departing Real Madrid once again this summer, with Ajax interested. (El Espanol)
Marcos Rojo has claimed Manchester United have offered him assurances over his future, despite a disappointing 2018-19 campaign. (El Dia)
Algeria and former Newcastle midfielder Mehdi Abeid wants to return to the Premier League this summer rather than sign a new deal with French side Dijon. (L’Equipe)