Real Madrid are finally set to land their man after agreeing on a cut-price deal for a Premier League star, while a much-travelled attacker claims he was close to joining Man Utd back in 2013, according to Monday’s European papers.
ERIKSEN TO REAL MADRID TO BE AGREED TODAY – REPORT
Real Madrid are being tipped to announce an agreement has been reached with Tottenham for the signing of Christian Eriksen later on Monday, according to reports in Spain.
The Dane was a starter on Saturday as Tottenham became the first team in 2019 to escape from Manchester City with a Premier League point – but his future remains one of massive conjecture with the European transfer window remaining open until September 2.
Tottenham are reported to have offered Eriksen a final new contract offer of £200,000 a week since then – which would have made the player their highest-paid star – and were said to be optimistic of an agreement.
However, Eriksen’s apparent decision to reject the offer, as per reports on Sunday, has left Spurs with little option but to cash in.
Don Balon claims Spurs were hoping for a fee of €87m (£82m) for Eriksen, but with just 10 months left on his deal, are thought to have agreed on a cut-price €65m (£60m). And the Spanish outlet claims an agreement between the clubs could be announced some time on Monday.
It’s reported that Eriksen will be brought in as a replacement for Luka Modric, who will move to PSG as part of the deal that brings Neymar to the Bernabeu.
Get the latest personalised Spurs products on our new TEAMtalk Tottenham shop!
AND THE REST
Kevin-Prince Boateng says Manchester United made an attempt to sign him back in 2013 – only for Sir Alex Ferguson to pull the plug on the potential deal (DAZN)
Inter Milan and Roma have both submitted offers to Real Madrid for Luka Jovic after Zinedine Zidane asked Florentino Perez to get rid of the striker Luka Jovic just over two months after the Serbian first sealed a move to the Bernabeu (Don Balon)
Paris Saint-Germain asked Real Madrid for France defender Raphael Varane, 26, and Brazil forward Vinicius Junior, 19, in a swap deal for 27-year-old Brazil forward Neymar (Telefoot)
Barcelona defender Nelson Semedo is open to moving to PSG as part of the deal that brings Neymasr back to there Camp Nou (Mundo Deportivo)
Fiorentina have told suitors Inter Milan and Juventus that Federico Chiesa will not be allowed to leave this summer for any cost (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Real Madrid club president Florentino Perez has met with Gareth Bale and told him he can still be a big influence at the club for the 2019/20 La Liga season after ruling out once and for all his exit this summer (Marca)
Bayern Munich and PSG could make bids for Germany midfielder Emre Can after he was told by manager Maurizio Sarri he was no longer needed at Juventus (Tuttosport)
Roma are closing on a deal for Juventus defender Daniele Rugani as it is reported Juventus have lowered their demands (SportItalia)
Atalanta have reportedly opened talks with Gremio over a possible deal for striker Luan (Globo Esporte)
Italy right-back Andrea Conti has decided to stay with AC Milan for the 2019-20 season after rejecting an approach from Parma (Calciomercato)
Paris Saint-Germain have held talks with Juventus over a £73m deal for 25-year-old Argentina forward Paulo Dybala (Tuttosport)
Napoli have set a deadline of this Saturday to complete the signing out-of-favour Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi (Corriere dello Sport)
Roma still hope to sign three players – a striker, right-back and a centre-back — before the window closes on September 2 (Calciomercato)
Manchester United, Everton and Wolves all wanted Steven Bergwijn before the winger signed a new contract at PSV (El Desmarque)
Rennes are in advanced talks with Roma to sign Maxime Gonalons on a season-long loan deal (Sky Italia)
Juventus are set to make an opening offer of €10m for Barcelona starlet Juan Miranda (Don Balon)