Euro Paper Talk: Real Madrid ‘upset’ with Gareth Bale

Date published: Thursday 11th October 2018 8:16

Real Madrid are “fed up” with Gareth Bale and Bayern Munich are leading the chase for Nicolas Pepe, all in the Euro Papers.

 

PEPE WANTED IN BAVARIA

Lille forward Nicolas Pepe is wanted by Bayern Munich, according to a report.

The Bundesliga giants are plotting a January move for the striker, report Bild.

The striker has become their top priority in January as they try and get some fresh legs in to replace Arjen Robben, 34, and Frank Ribery, 35.

Nicolas Pepe, a 23-year-old winger who netted 13 times in all competitions last season and has six goals and six assists in nine games this term has been linked with Man Utd and Arsenal.

Sevilla and Lyon were both credited with an interest in him over the summer, while Premier League interest was reported from Southampton.

Saints reportedly saw a €14m offer knocked back by the Ligue 1 side late on in the summer window and a figure of £30million is now more likely.

Since then, however, Pepe’s star appears to have risen further, with reports last month suggesting Arsenal had made contact with his representatives ahead of a possible move to Emirates Stadium.

French publication Telefoot also claimed  Manchester United had joined the race for his signature after the club sent scouts to check on him in recent weeks.

 

UNITED MEET BUYOUT CLAUSE FOR ATLETICO DEFENDER

Lucas Hernandez TEAMtalk

Manchester United have shocked Atletico Madrid by meeting the release clause for their defender Lucas Hernandez.

That’s according to Marca, who claim United boss Jose Mourinho will end his long search for a new defender after the club triggered the €80m (£70m) exit fee for the France defender.

The Spanish paper claims Mourinho has tabled the “dizzying offer” to Atleti for the Frenchman, claiming the move will be done if the player agrees to the move and can agree personal terms.

It’s suggested the 22-year-old – who can play at centre-half or at left-back – will double his wages by moving to Old Trafford – leaving Atletico stunned and with no way of keeping a player they had hoped would stay.

Man City and Real Madrid have also been linked with a move for Hernandez – in France’s squad for their forthcoming internationals  – but a January switch to Old Trafford now looks on.

Discussing interest from Real earlier this season, Hernandez explained why loyalty to Atleti saw him spurn their interest.

“I didn’t listen to it much. I was 100% committed to my club and also had just renewed my contract,” he told French outlet RMC. “My agent told me and as soon as he said Madrid were interested I said I couldn’t do it.

“Atletico are my city, my club, they have given me everything.

“I am an honest person and I couldn’t go to Madrid.”

 

 

Want all the latest football news directly on your timeline? Like our Facebook page.

 

AND THE REST

Real Madrid officials are “fed up” with Gareth Bale and the door could be open on an exit (TeleMadrid)

Roma are still interested in signing Ajax star Hakim Ziyech (Calciomercato)

Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski says he had multiple offers to leave the club over the summer (Sportowe Fakty)

Barcelona never had any desire to sell reported Liverpool and Man Utd target Ivan Rakitic in pre-season (Sport)

Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong says the the incessant transfer links to Barcelona are “annoying”.

Real Madrid are open to the idea of re-signing Mario Hermoso from Espanyol (AS)

Arsenal will pick from two targets to replace Aaron Ramsey – with one of Hector Herrera of Porto or Atlanta United star Miguel Almiron both lined up to sign in January (Record)

Barcelona and Juventus will go head to head for four signings in the next two transfer windows with Matthijs de Light, Frankie de Jong, Adrien Rabiot and Paul Pogba all the subject of their affections (Tuttosport)

Gareth Bale was the main reason why Zinedine Zidane resigned as Real Madrid boss in the summer after his Champions League final exploits meant Florentino Perez went back on his word over selling the winger – much to the Frenchman’s annoyance (El Pais)

Manchester United have agreed personal terms with Jordi Alba ahead of a potential move to Old Trafford. The Barcelona star – out of contract in June 2020 – has a buyout clause of €150m (Caught Offside)

Real Madrid are trying to push the signing of Brazilian starlet Rodrygo forward to January as opposed next summer in order to give their attack a boost (AS)

Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd target Marcelo Brozovic has agreed a new contract at Inter Milan, committing to the club until 2021 (Tuttosport)

Barcelona general manager Pep Segura has criticised Arturo Vidal for ‘disrespecting his teammates’ and called for an apology (Sport)

Arsenal have been told that Roma won’t consider a fee of less than €50m for winger Cengiz Under (Tuttomercato)

Lazio sporting director Igli Tare claims the summer speculation around Manchester United target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic affected his game (La Repubblica)

Juventus have entered the race to sign Tottenham target Tanguy Ndombele after scouting the €70m-rated star in action at the weekend (Tuttosport)

Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho has admitted the club’s current run of form “is not normal” but insists “there is no need to panic” (Sport)

Juventus will offer Aaron Ramsey a pre-contract in January in a bid to beat the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United to his signature 

Juventus have identified Paris Saint-Germain’s French midfielder Adrien Rabiot as a potential January signing (Tuttosport)

Mauro Icardi is in no rush to renew his contract at Inter Milan amid interest from sides across Europe, including Real Madrid and Manchester United (Tiki Taka)

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho will watch £40m defensive target Nikola Milenkovic in action on Thursday evening when Serbia take on Montenegro (Telegraf)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM