Juventus are at the front of the queue to sign a Manchester United youngster, while Chelsea have set their price as Inter look to sign a first-team star – all in Friday’s European papers.
JUVENTUS KEEN ON TAHITH CHONG
Juventus have registered initial interest in signing Manchester United youngster Tahith Chong, according to reports in Italy.
The 19-year-old, who has been at Old Trafford since joining the Under-18s setup in 2016, is enjoying his breakthrough season in the club’s first team, having been handed four senior appearances by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer so far this team.
However, the midfielder is out of contract next summer and despite insisting that he is not thinking about his future just yet, reports have surfaced indicating that he is becoming frustrated at a lack of action.
Juventus have previously been linked with a move for Chong and the latest claims from Tuttosport say that the reigning Serie A champions remain keen on bringing him to Turin.
The report adds that Juve will be first in the queue if Chong decides to seek pastures new, while officials from the Italian giants are simply keeping tabs on the player’s progress for now before assessing how his situation develops.
Chong has made eight appearances for United’s first team since his move from Feyenoord.
AND THE REST
Chelsea have put a €5m price tag on Olivier Giroud’s head, with Inter Milan reportedly keen on the striker (SportMediaset)
Barcelona are keeping tabs on Blues winger Willian and could move for the Brazilian if they let some of their current players leave (Mundo Deportivo)
Barca forward Luis Suarez has insisted that things were “invented” about him by some fans after he missed last season’s Copa del Rey final through injury (Sport)
Jose Mourinho has contacted Zlatan Ibrahimovic to discuss a potential reunion at Tottenham (Corriere dello Sport)
Former Lyon boss Bruno Genesio is being considered by Everton if Marco Silva fails to turn the club’s fortunes around this season (L’Equipe)
Barcelona ‘value’ Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang but the 31-year-old’s age could prove a stumbling block in a deal going through (Mundo Deportivo)
Real Madrid midfielder Martin Odegaard, who is on loan at Real Sociedad, has said that he is hopeful Los Blancos can win the La Liga title this season (El Larguero / Cadena Ser)
Madrid winger Eden Hazard has revealed that he rejected approaches from Paris Saint-Germain while he was a Chelsea player (L’Equipe)
Meanwhile, Lucas Vazquez could be out for up to six weeks after dropping a gym weight on his toe (Marca)
Robert Moreno has issued a statement of thanks to the Spanish FA after he was allowed to step in to take charge of the national team in Luis Enrique’s absence (Marca)
Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri has confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Saturday’s Serie A clash with Atalanta to allow him to “cool off” (Football Italia)
Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny is next in line for a new contract at Juve after it was announced that winger Juan Cuadrado has signed a new contract in Turin until 2022 (Football-Italia)
Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini has said that he is “calm” about signing a new contract with the club (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Pellegrini’s teammate, Nicolo Zaniolo, has said that he is “very happy” with how he is progressing with Roma (Sky Sport Italia)