Liverpool are ready to go head-to-head with PSG for a young Ajax attacker, while Man City are closing in on a €150m Man Utd target, according to Tuesday’s European papers.
LIVERPOOL TIPPED TO MAKE MOVE FOR AJAX ATTACKER
Liverpool have been named as a club who could potentially make a summer move for Ajax forward David Neres.
The 22-year-old attacker is rated as one of the top young talents in European club football and is expected to be subject of interest from numerous clubs come the end of the season.
But a report from Le 10 Sport (translated by Sport Witness) has revealed that the Reds will go head-to-head with PSG to land the former Sao Paulo man.
As yet there has been no official approach for the player, but the report goes on to state that Jurgen Klopp has identified Neres as a player he wants to strengthen his attacking options at Anfield.
Neres, who has scored 10 goals in all competitions this campaign, has the ability the play on either the left or right wing and would fit perfectly into Klopp’s 4-3-3 system.
Get the latest personalised Reds products on our new TEAMtalk Liverpool shop!
LIVERPOOL IN ASTRONOMICAL DEMAND FOR MANE DEAL
Jurgen Klopp wants Raphael Varane to join Liverpool if he is to sell Sadio Mane this summer, shock reports from Spain suggest.
Recent speculation has claimed that the Reds have apparently told Real it will cost a huge £196million to sign Mane this summer.
That came after Spanish newspaper El Confidencial claimed last week that Zidane had earmarked Mane as the star man he wants this summer.
Now, dubious Spanish transfer outlet Don Balon provides an update on the situation by suggesting that Klopp has set out his demands to facilitate Mane’s exit.
They claim that Nabil Fekir has already been chosen as the Senegal international’s replacement and that the Merseysiders will go back in for the Lyon star this summer.
Fekir seemed almost certain to quit Lyon for Anfield last summer, with the two clubs agreeing a fee of €65m before the start of the World Cup.
Liverpool meanwhile have apparently told Florentino Perez that Mane will cost €180million if they want to sign him outright, but Madrid ‘do not expect to spend more than €110million.’
As a result, the idea of a counterpart in the deal has been discussed, and Klopp has identified Raphael Varane as the man he wants as part of a blockbuster swap.
However, there are still differences, as Real are willing to offer Varane plus €20m as they value the World Cup winner at €120m, but the Premier League leaders want €60m in cash as well as the Frenchman.
For his part, Varane would apparently be willing to make the move to Anfield and form a formidable partnership with Virgil van Dijk, having previously hinted at his desire to undertake a fresh challenge.
AND THE REST
Manchester City have edged a little bit closer to signing €150m-rated Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez after they agreed personal terms with the Spaniard, who has been linked with Man Utd. (Don Balon)
Real Madrid have no plans to keep hold of James Rodriguez this summer despite the Colombian international receiving a Spanish passport, amid links with a move to the Premier League. (Marca)
Magazine France Football is calling on Pogba to leave Old Trafford and join Real Madrid this summer. (France Football)
Eintracht Frankfurt striker Luka Jovic is no longer a priority transfer target for Barcelona. (Mundo Deportivo)
Zinedine Zidane is not in favour of a move for Kylian Mbappe. (Don Balon)
Julian Weigl wants to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer. (Bild)
Inter are targeting Steven Bergwijn as they look to rebuild the club’s group of wingers. (Fcinternews)
Having already signed Frenkie de Jong, Barcelona representatives have already been in contact with Ajax over Matthjis de Ligt. (Catalunya Radio)
Belgium midfielder Thorgan Hazard, 26, will leave Borussia Monchengladbach to join Borussia Dortmund in a €40m (£34.5m) deal this summer. (Kicker)
Arsenal target Thomas Partey says he expects to stay at Atletico Madrid this summer, with interest growing in the 25-year-old Ghanaian midfielder. (Cadena COPE)
Major League Soccer side Toronto FC will not pursue a deal for Arjen Robben, 35, after holding talks with the Dutch winger, who is leaving Bayern Munich at the end of the season. (ESPN)