Manchester United have agreed personal terms with a €100m-rated target and are also chasing deals for two other would-be signings, while Real Madrid are willing to spend €360m on a pair of Frenchmen next summer, according to Wednesday’s European papers.
MAN UTD MAKE PLANS TO SIGN €203M TRIO
Manchester United are already turning their thoughts to bolstering their squad even further in the next transfer window with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reportedly identifying three key signings.
According to ballsy claims in Don Balon, United have already agreed a contract with Jadon Sancho to bring the player to Old Trafford, with United now planning to launch a formal offer to sign the winger in a deal likely to cost around €100m.
The report claims Sancho has given his word to United that he will make the move back to Manchester just as soon as Borussia Dortmund give the transfer the green light, with the report uncertain if the deal will go through in January or next summer.
It’s claimed Solskjaer wants to add Sancho’s pace and trickery to his attack and believes that, together with Daniel James, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford, he will have the pace required to trouble the best.
In addition, reports in the Portuguese media claim United are not giving up on adding a new defender to their ranks and are planning a January swoop on Benfica for Portugal defender Ruben Dias.
The 22-year-old was available for €60m earlier this year, but has since signed a new deal with the Primeira Liga giants that extended his contract to 2024 and increased his release clause to €88million. However, A Bola insist United remain undeterred and, having watched the player over the weekend, are plotting a January raid to pair Dias with Harry Maguire at the heart of their defence.
Furthermore, il Corriere dello Sport also claims Manchester United could revisit a January deal for Mario Mandzukic, with the Croatian striker already preparing his farewell to Juventus in January.
Reports on Tuesday said United had struck a €15m deal with Juve to sign the player over the summer, but changed their mind on the deal. However, his squad’s stuttering start to the season is said to have made Solskjaer think again and they could re-open talks with the Serie A champions ahead of the winter window.
Get the latest personalised Red Devils products on our new TEAMtalk Man Utd shop!
AND THE REST
Real Madrid have already made French duo Paul Pogba and Kylian Mbappe their top two targets next summer and are ready to spend up to €360m to sign the duo (Diario Gol)
Inter Milan were keen to sign Borussia Dortmund man Mario Gotze this summer before switching targets to Alexis Sanchez (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Emre Can says he is ‘angry and upset’ with Juventus after being left out of their Champions League squad (Bild)
AC Milan will priortise new deals for Gianluigi Donnarumma and Giacomo Bonaventura in the coming weeks (Tuttosport)
AC Milan chief Zvonimir Boban has revealed they saw efforts to sign Luka Modric fail this summer over the player’s desire to stay at Real Madrid (Marca)
Inter Milan and Parma are already planning a player exchange deal in January, with Alessandro Bastoni heading to the Ducali and former Man Utd man Matteo Darmian moving to the San Siro (Corriere dello Sport)
Real Madrid have mutually agreed with midfielder Lucas Silva to terminate the 26-year-old’s contract, meaning the Brazilian is now a free agent (Marca)
Schalke explored the possibility of re-signing Arsenal wing-back Sead Kolasinac this summer before ruling the potential deal as too pricey (Sport Bild)
Barcelona haven’t given up on Neymar and will make sure they are able to secure the Brazilian’s signing from Paris Saint-Germain ahead of the 2020/21 campaign (AS)
Kevin Strootman has revealed that Roma wanted him back over the summer, but Marseille rated their offer insufficient (VTBL)
Spain national team manager Robert Moreno insists he will step down from the role should Luis Enrique ever wish to return (Marca)
England right-back Kieran Trippier says joining Atletico Madrid from Tottenham in July is a “step forward” (AS)
Flamengo have been warned that they must pay at least €20m for Inter forward Gabriel Barbosa (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has cooled talk that his side are title contenders despite their perfect start to La Liga, saying his squad is not as strong as it was in 2014 (AS)
AC Milan have officially announced the contract renewal of 19-year-old midfielder Marco Brescianini on a contract to 2024 (various)
Elseid Hysaj’s agent admitted the Alabanian “tried to the last second to secure a transfer away from Napoli” this summer (Tuttomercatoweb)