Euro Paper Talk: Man Utd agree terms for €60m Tottenham target

Date published: Friday 21st June 2019 11:57

Barcelona's Argentinian forward Lionel Messi (L) vies for the ball next to Lyon's French forward Tanguy NDombele Alvaro (R) during the UEFA Champions League round of 16 first leg football match between Lyon (OL) and FC Barcelona on February 19, 2019, at the Groupama Stadium in Decines-Charpieu, central-eastern France. (Photo by FRANCK FIFE / AFP) (Photo credit should read FRANCK FIFE/AFP/Getty Images)

Manchester United have agreed personal terms to land a Tottenham midfield target, while Wolves are after a Lyon midfield enforcer, all in Friday’s European press.

 

MAN UTD CLOSE IN ON MIDFIELDER SIGNING 

Manchester United have reportedly agreed personal terms with Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has previously said that both United and Manchester City had made enquiries for the player, although Tottenham are known to have been scouting the 22-year-old since the 2017-18 season – viewing him as a long-term replacement for Mousa Dembele, who left for China in January.

Ndombele joined Lyon from Amiens in August 2017 on an initial loan deal and impressed hugely during his debut campaign, racking up 50 appearances in all competitions.

He recently spoke out about interest from England – seemingly confirming that Spurs are after him, although opening the door for other ‘big clubs’.

And now a report claims that United have come to a ‘contractual agreement’ with the highly-rated midfielder, while Serie A giants Juventus have done likewise.

The Red Devils are also understood to have ‘formulated’ a €60m bid, although Lyon are looking for an offer closer to €90m – which could cause a major issue going forward.

The report adds that Ndombele will not try and force a move away from the Parc Olympique Lyonnais, which means any potential suitors will have to get closer to Lyon’s asking price.

 

Get the latest personalised Red Devils products on our new TEAMtalk Man Utd shop!

 

AND THE REST

Liverpool are considering a summer move for Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele and are prepared to splash £133m to sign the France international (Don Balon)

Juventus reportedly have no plans of reuniting Maurizio Sarri with his former Napoli and Chelsea midfielder Jorginho (Football Italia)

Manchester City have completed the signing of experienced Eibar goalkeeper Asier Riesgo ahead of next season (Marca)

Atletico Madrid have pulled out of a move to sign Chelsea wing-back Marcos Alonso due to his €40m valuation (Cadena Cope)

Barcelona must compensate Adrien Rabiot if they do not sign him this summer due to a pre-contract agreement (Sky Italia)

Real Madrid believe James Rodriguez’s performances in the Copa America have boosted his transfer valuation (Marca)

Borussia Monchengladbach’s sporting director has confirmed that the club have no interest in signing Arjen Robben this summer (Bild)

PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot and his mother and agent Veronique have said yes to Juventus’ proposal (Calciomercato)

Juventus forward Douglas Costa has hinted at a future move to the Premier League, with Manchester United currently being linked with an approach for the Brazilian ace

Unai Emery wants to bring Real Madrid forward Lucas Vazquez to Arsenal this summer (Don Balon)

Former Real Madrid striker Raul will be appointed as the first-team Coach at the club’s Castilla side next season (Marca)

Atletico Madrid have confirmed the signing of midfielder Marcos Llorente from Real Madrid with a reported fee of €40m (Football Espana)

Wolves are reportedly interested in Lyon enforcer Lucas Tousart this summer (Calciomercato)

AC Milan are pushing for a deal for Stuttgart defender Ozan Kabak (Calciomercato)

Juventus are considering offering Gonzalo Higuain as part of a swap deal for Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo (Tuttosport)

AC Milan are chasing Real Madrid trio Marco Asensio, Mateo Kovacic and Martin Odegaard (Corriere dello Sport)

Marco Asensio TEAMtalk

Barcelona have signed Dutch full-back Mike van Beijnen on a two-year deal from NAC Breda (Barcelona FC)

It is reported Milan and Inter have agreed plans on a new stadium, which will cost around €700m to build and is anticipated to be ready by 2022 (La Repubblica)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM