Euro Paper Talk: Man Utd scout CL hat-trick hero, but deal complex

Date published: Wednesday 18th September 2019 12:00

Erling Haaland TEAMtalk

Manchester United scouted a Champions League hotshot again last night, while Man City are on the trail of a cut-price deal for Barcelona’s Samuel Umtiti, all in the Euro papers.

 

MAN UTD IN PURSUIT OF HAALAND

Erling Haaland became the third-youngest player to score a Champions League hat-trick last night as Red Bull Salzburg thrashed Genk 6-2.

Apparently, as per The Sun, over 50 scouts watched the 19-year-old Haaland, who hit his treble before half-time.

Salzburger Nachrichten report that Man Utd had scouts at the Champions League game, and the same outlet have reported that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been watching him for a while.

Solskjaer is familiar with the forward having given him his first taste of senior football when in charge at Molde, and that may well give the Reds the upper hand in transfer dealings.

However, Haaland is the son of former Leeds United defender Alf-Inge Haaland, and was in fact born in the Yorkshire city, and with the rivalry between the Uniteds still fierce, that could well scupper a move to Old Trafford.

As per The Sun, when Solskjaer was previously asked last year about the player  he said: “He is probably not the world’s biggest Manchester United fan.

“But if they come to the door, there are not many who say no to that.”

AND THE REST

Juventus are set to come back in for Real Madrid’s Isco, who is believed to be wanted by Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp (Calcimercato)

Manchester City are keen on sealing the transfer of Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti, whose price tag has dropped to just €45m, as they struggle with injuries at the back (Don Balon)

Borussia Dortmund chief Michael Zorc says Man Utd were not close to signing Jaydon Sancho this summer: “Not close at all. We didn’t talk to them. They were asking us for a meeting,” (Viasport)

Real Madrid and PSG have agreed a ‘pact’ that the Ligue 1 club will only sell Kylian Mbappe to the LaLiga giants, and have already handed over a €40m downpayment for an eventual deal worth €260m (El Chiringuito)

Inter and Juve are to battle it out for Hungarian youngster – 18-year-old Dominik Szoboszlai (Calciomercato)

Monaco midfielder Aleksandr Golovin says he wasn’t ready for Chelsea move: “Juve and Chelsea? I turned down both clubs because I didn’t think that I was ready to make that big of a jump yet in my career.” (Calciomercato)

Reported Liverpool target Kai Havertz had his annual salary at Bayer Leverkusen more than doubled during the summer (SportBild)

AC Milan technical director Paolo Maldini has revealed he tried to sign Hirving Lozano from PSV during the summer but failed in their attempts and saw the winger signed for Napoli. (TUDN)

Borussia Dortmund are now in for Manchester United’s Nemanja Matic as well as Juventus, Inter and AC Milan (Calciomercato)

Leonardo Bonucci says new summer signing Matthijs de Ligt is the future of Juventus (Goal)

Fiorentina are close to agreeing terms on a contract renewal for 22-year-old midfielder Gaetano Castrovilli (Goal)

Juventus are lining up a deal for Chelsea midfielder Willian, whose contract is up next summer (various)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM