Euro Paper Talk: Man Utd turn to £90m man after disappointment in chase for €650m duo

Date published: Thursday 11th April 2019 7:29

Milan Skriniar TEAMtalk

Manchester United have turned their attentions to a €100m Serie A star as their quest to sign a defender continues, according to Thursday’s European papers.

 

MAN UTD READY TO FOCUS ON ONE DEFENSIVE TARGET  

Manchester United have been told they must pay €100million if they wish to land defensive target Milan Skriniar this summer.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is widely expected to be in the market for a new centre-half having been named the club’s permanent boss, with questions marks over a United rearguard which has conceded more goals than any other team in the top seven this season.

Reports earlier on Thursday linked the Red Devils with a €105m bid for Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly, but it was suggested they may have to part with €150m to land the Senegal international.

Meanwhile, a report from Spanish outlet AS reports that Real Madrid have no intention of parting with Raphael Varane – another reported United target – unless his €500m release clause is met.

However, the Old Trafford club have been given a boost in their pursuit of one centre-half, as Calciomercato.com report that Inter are willing to sell Milan Skriniar if a €100m offer comes in.

An exclusive we published last month stated that United, as well as rivals Liverpool and Man City, are scouting the Slovakian ahead of a possible summer move.

Inter reportedly feels that ‘selling a prized asset could allow them funds to take the team to another level’, with Diego Godin set to arrive for free this summer.

Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Skriniar will sign a new deal at San Siro, but Calciomercato state that he will leave even if he does pen fresh terms, as it will just increase his market value.

Mithat Halis, Skriniar’s agent, talked about his client’s future on Libertad Digital.

“The future of Milan Skriniar? What is certain is that Inter will not sell for less than €100million.

“Only two teams in Spain and those of Premier League can afford an outlay of this kind. Atletico Madrid had been interested in him since the days of Sampdoria but now there is nothing on the bridge, as there is nothing even with Barcelona and Real Madrid.

“Inter, however, has already said no to Manchester City in the past. Then Guardiola decided to take Laporte.”

 

MAN UTD IN FIVE-WAY BATTLE FOR MIDFIELD ACE

Manchester United and Manchester City are battling Real Madrid and both Milan clubs for the signing of Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, a report claims.

The 23-year-old has been hot on the radar for clubs all over Europe this summer including UnitedJuventusChelsea and Milan.

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Lazio

With the future surrounding Paul Pogba seemingly uncertain, plus Ander Herrera and Nemanja Matic continually being linked with exits, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could be forced to bring in at least two fresh bodies for the middle of the park.

Rumours seemed to go quiet on Serbia international Milinkovic-Savic, but now Rome-based paper il Messaggero claims that United are still firmly in the hunt.

Their report specifies that Man City, Real Madrid, Milan and Inter all provide competition, with the Rossoneri have already tried to take sign the player last summer.

In addition, the Italian outlet suggests that Lazio president Claudio Lotito has set a price of €100million for his prized asset.

His price tag was reportedly as high as £134million last year following a season in which he netted 12 goals and four assists in 35 Serie A games, however this terms he has managed just four goals and three assists thus far.

 

AND THE REST

 

Crystal Palace do not have an option to make on-loan Chlesea striker Michy Batshuayi a permanent signing at the end of the season. (Goal)

Paul Pogba and Eden Hazard would be “welcome” at Real Madrid, says Casemiro, with Neymar another of the “very good players” who would slot seamlessly into the fold.

Juve have prepared a new deal for Moise Kean and that will help them increase his value to up to €50million. (Calciomercato)

Luka Jovic is prepared to shun interest from the likes of Barcelona and remain at Eintracht Frankfurt, claims the in-demand striker’s father.

Crystal Palace may be ready to sell their Belgian centre forward Christian Benteke. (Het Laaste Nieuws)

Paul Pogba’s relationship with Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has deteriorated and the French midfielder, 26, is keen on a move to Real Madrid. (Le Parisien)

Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola is in talks with Real Madrid over a transfer for his client. (Le10Sport)

Paul Pogba TEAMtalk

United are interested in signing Sporting Lisbon and Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes. (A Bola)

The agent of Fiorentina midfielder Jordan Veretout – Mario Giuffredi – is in London to meet with Arsenal over a potential summer move. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Welsh forward Gareth Bale, 29, is not in Real Madrid’s plans for next season and the Spanish side will allow him to choose his next club with Manchester United and Bayern Munich interested. (AS)

Real Madrid are hoping they can help the sale of Gareth Bale along by lowering his price tag to €70m/£60m. (Sport)

BARCELONA, SPAIN - FEBRUARY 06: Gareth Bale of Real Madrid CF reacts on the pitch after missing a chance to score during the Copa del Semi Final first leg match between Barcelona and Real Madrid at Nou Camp on February 06, 2019 in Barcelona, Spain. (Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images)

Former Arsenal head of recruitment Sven Mislintat is set to take over as Stuttgart’s sporting director. (Kicker)

Chelsea and Belgium forward Eden Hazard, 28, believes it is ‘now or never’ for his move to Real Madrid. (Goal)

Diego Godin is “90 per cent sure” to join Inter this summer. (ESPN)

Roma are ready to compete with Atletico Madrid, AC Milan and Lyon for the signing of Bordeaux defender Jules Kounde. (Corriere dello Sport)

James Rodriguez is interested in a move to Napoli, according to his father-in-law.

Inter Milan have joined the chase for Lille’s Nicolas Pepe. (Le10Sport)

Qatar Sport Investments, the owners of Paris Saint-Germain, are looking to invest in a Championship club – with Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa and Queens Park Rangers among those said to be of interest. (Le Parisien)

Inter are trying to decide between Antonio Conte and Jose Mourinho as they look to appoint a new coach this summer. (Goal)

Newcastle have approached Nuremburg over the transfer of German midfielder Patrick Erras. (Bild)

Chelsea’s Nigerian midfielder Kenneth Omeruo wants to make his season-long loan at Leganes permanent and expects the two clubs to agree a deal before the end of the season. (Brila)

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM