Lionel Messi wants Barcelona to launch a move for a Man Utd star – news which will eventually help bring a Juventus star to Old Trafford – while Gigi Buffon has snubbed a last-gasp offer from a London-based side, according to Monday’s European papers.
MESSI BACKS SURPRISE BARCA RAID ON MAN UTD
Lionel Messi has urged Barcelona to launch a transfer raid on Manchester United this summer with a move for Daley Blind in their sights, according to reports in Spain.
The LaLiga champions are likely to let Lucas Digne move on this summer and Don Balon claims out-of-favour Dutch defender Blind is the man they want to replace him.
The Spanish outlet claims Barca want Blind to provide cover and competition for first-choice left-back Jordi Alba, while the Dutchman’s ability to provide cover in a holding midfield role also of appeal.
Should Blind arrive, Barca are likely to show Digne the door, with the French full-back hotly tipped to move on to Juventus.
The 24-year-old former PSG man is seen by Massimiliano Allegri as a likely replacement for Alex Sandro, with Blind’s move to Barca likely to start a chain reaction that will eventually see Brazilian Sandro move to Old Trafford in a £50m deal.
The best United news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Manchester Utd Facebook page.
ROMA LEAD CHASE FOR KLUIVERT
AS Roma are leading the chase for Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs target Justin Kluivert, claims a report in France.
France Football claim to have the inside track and report that the Serie A outfit are in advanced talks with the 19-year-old.
PSG have also been monitoring the winger who last week admitted he was not renewing his Ajax contract.
Kluivert took a swipe at Ajax officials Edwin van der Sar and Marc Overmars after denying him a move to Tottenham.
Kluivert criticised CEO Van der Sar and club director Overmars after they only told him about a bid from Spurs last summer when it was too late.
Tottenham wanted to take Kluivert to the Premier League in 2019 and asked about a potential deal whilst negotiating for Davinson Sanchez last summer.
The Eredivise club told Dutch newspaper Volkskrant: “Spurs’ proposal was that Kluivert would play in Amsterdam for another two years and that he would then go to Spurs. We did not go further on that, because we wanted to renew Justin’s contract.”
Kluivert is seething though over Ajax’s decision to turn down the offer and claimed club officials “do what they want” and has hinted that his time in Holland is up.
“I’m not renewing my contract at Ajax.
“Ajax wants me to extend my contract so that they can ask for more [when they sell],” he told Volkskrant. “What do they really want? My plan was to stay, but a lot has happened lately.”
AND THE REST
Alvaro Odriozola’s display for Real Sociedad against Barcelona has impressed the Spanish champions and they will try and sign him (Don Balon)
Isco has issued a warning to Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane over his future. It is reported that the playmaker will force his way out of the club if he does not start in the Champions League final against Liverpool (Don Balon)
Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness said that the club won’t make any big signings in the summer (various)
Former Paris Saint-Germain boss Unai Emery will hold talks with Arsenal on Monday about their vacant manager’s job (Sky Sports)
Reported Barcelona, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal target Max Meyer is ready to cause a transfer sensation by joining Hoffenheim on a free transfer at the end of his Schalke contract (Bild)
Man Utd remain on track to land Roma target Anderson Talisca after some revealing comments by Besiktas boss Senol Gunes. The Brazilian was linked with a €40m move to Old Trafford on Sunday (Calciomercato)
Boca Juniors star Wilmar Barrios is a £25million target for Tottenham. The player has also been linked with Roma (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Real Madrid, Manchester United and Liverpool target Mauro Icardi has expressed uncertainty about his future – despite helping Inter Milan achieve their target of qualifying for the Champions League
Lionel Messi says Barcelona would be delighted if Antoine Griezmann joins the club this summer, describing the Frenchman as one of “best players in the world right now” (RAC1)
PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi insists the club will complete a permanent deal for Kylian Mbappe this summer, despite the threat of FFP, and claims they wouldn’t sell the teenager even if they were offered “€1billion” (Canal +)
Napoli have raised the price on Jorginho’s head to €70m (£61m). Manchester City, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool have all been linked (Corriere del Mezzogiorno)
Valencia are set to go head-to-head with Southampton in a bid to sign Lyon defender Mouctar Diakhaby (Le 10 Sport)
Juventus will formally announce the free-transfer signing of Emre Can on Sunday and after Liverpool’s involvement in the Champions League final (Tuttosport)
Napoli have drawn up a list of potential replacement for Sarri – with Antonio Conte top of the list (Corriere dello Sport)
Watford have reportedly entered the race to sign Egyptian winger Mahmoud Hassan from Turkish side Kasimpasa (Hurriyet)
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has emerged as a PSG transfer target, though the player appears likely to sign a new three-year deal with the Gunners (L’Equipe)
Inter Milan are set to extend Luciano Spalletti’s contract this week after the club sealed Champions League qualification (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge believes Robert Lewandowski is loyal to the club despite the striker supposedly looking to secure a move to Real this summer (Munich Merkur)