Euro Paper Talk: Real identify two targets in search for new striker

Date published: Wednesday 28th November 2018 8:23

Real Madrid have drawn up a two-man shortlist to satisfy their search for a new striker, while Ivan Rakitic has admitted he would be open to a return to the Bundesliga, according to Wednesday’s European papers.

 

REAL MADRID NARROW STRIKER SEARCH DOWN TO TWO NAMES

Real Madrid have identified Edinson Cavani and Mauro Icardi as their two main striker targets for the January transfer window, according to reports.

The Spanish giants are in the market for a new centre-forward, and OK Diario report that the search has been narrowed down to either Cavani or Icardi.

PSG’s Cavani was linked with a move to Chelsea in the summer, while Icardi has long been of interest to the Blues and Manchester United.

The report claims that Real President Florentino Perez wants to sign one of the pair in a bid to revive the club’s fortunes, with the Champions League holders having slipped to 6th in the La Liga table.

However, Real may face competition for Cavani from Napoli, where the Uruguayan would reunite with ex-coach Carlo Ancelotti. Meanwhile, Icardi has been linked again with a move to Old Trafford, as part of a swap deal for Paul Pogba.

 

 

AND THE REST

Mousa Dembele is delaying contract talks with Tottenham as he wants a rise of up to €3m-per-year. Juventus and Inter are interested but may be put off by demands for bonuses to be paid to the player’s entourage (Calciomercato)

Ivan Rakitic has refused to rule out a return to the Bundesliga, where he previously played for Schalke. Bayern Munich could be interested in the Barcelona midfielder (Goal)

Sampdoria want to sign Inter striker Lautaro Martinez on loan in January (Il Secolo XIX)

Cagliari are interested in a loan move for Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo, although SPAL’s Jasmin Kurtic remains their priority (La Nuova Sardegna)

Gonzalo Higuain has denied reports he is unhappy at AC Milan, while also confirming he would welcome a Zlatan Ibrahimovic return to the club (Sky Sport)

Inter want to sign in-demand 20-year-old Corinthians winger Pedrinho in a swap deal with Gabriel Barbosa (Central Fox Brasil)

Marcos Llorente would be open to a loan move away from Real Madrid in January (Marca)

Sampdoria are tracking Villarreal’s Italian winger Nicola Sansone, with Bologna, Fiorentina, Lazio and Parma also interested in taking him back to Serie A (Il Secolo XIX)

Bologna want Sampdoria striker Dawid Kownacki (Tuttomercatoweb)

Toulouse sensation, Jean-Clair Todibo, has given himself 10 days to decide his future with a January move from Juventus, Napoli, Liverpool or Manchester United to choose from (Tuttosport)

Ernesto Valverde has hinted Barcelona will look to sign a midfielder in the January transfer window following Rafinha Alcantara’s season-ending knee injury (Sport)

AC Milan have agreed a January deal to sign Atletico Madrid skipper Diego Godin, who will sign a two and a half year deal worth €4million a year (Quotidano Sportiva)

Ajax have set a huge €140million asking price on Man Utd and Barcelona targets Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt. Midfielder De Jong is valued at €75m and defender De Ligt at €65m (Mundo Deportivo)

Maurizio Sarri will have the final say on whether Cesc Fabregas will be sold by Chelsea to AC Milan in January after reports claimed a deal had been agreed for the midfielder to move to Italy (Corriere dello Sport)

Real Madrid have told suitors Arsenal to raise their offer to €70million if they want to sign Isco in January, amid talk Liverpool are also keen (Don Balon)

Borussia Dortmund playmaker Shinji Kagawa says he wants to play in La Liga before his career comes to an end (AS)

PSV head coach Mark van Bommel says it is “nice” to be linked with Bayern Munich amid talk Niko Kovac could be replaced (De Telegraaf)

Arsene Wenger would prefer an executive role for his next job, rather than a top managerial post having been linked with Bayern Munich (Sky Deutsche)

Jose Mourinho is reportedly eyeing Porto centre-back Eder Militao, if Manchester United are unable to sign Kalidou Koulibaly in January

Louis van Gaal has advised Barcelona to not re-sign Neymar if the chance presents itself this summer (La Porteria de Beteve)

Barcelona have stepped up their interest in Villarreal midfielder Pablo Fornals, who has also been linked with a €25million move to Arsenal (Marca)

Sandro Tonali Italy

Chelsea and Manchester City are likely to be the only two clubs willing to meet the new €40m asking price for Sandro Tonali (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde has reiterated his belief that Ousmane Dembele will not be sold in January amid links to Liverpool and Arsenal (Sport)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM